LethaDear
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Letha
Bowling Green MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  2:51:07 PM  Show Profile
I have recently gone to a couple of Appleseed Projects and wondered if anyone has gone to or heard of them?

We had a great time. We camp out, listen to history and do a marksmanship course. The last one was called a Ladyseed and it was all women! That was great fun.

Just wondering,
Letha

Letha

To speak kindly, does not hurt the tongue.

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  3:51:46 PM  Show Profile
I've never heard of it but it sounds very interesting! Feel free to share more about it :)

www.theaprondiaries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  5:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Letha, I have been to three Appleseeds! My DH is an instructor. I am really close to earning my Rifleman patch! This past weekend there was a huge one in IL near Aurora. They tried to get 300 shooters. They made it to 280 something. They also had a drum and pfife band and some Revolutionary re-enactors. Way Cool! They have them all over the country and women get in for free!
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php The Appleseed Organization was started by the RWVA-Revolutionary War Veterans Assoc. They teach the facts about the Revolutionary War with a story format. It is also a marksmanship course. You learn the old time marksmanship skills that were the reason America won the war and our freedom.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Sep 13 2010 5:09:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  01:50:27 AM  Show Profile
We just went to a Appleseed weekend yesterday. What a fabulous weekend. Went with friends family, DH & our two teenagers. So awesome!!! I would recommend it to every farmgirl!!!!

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, Herbalist, Master Energy Intuitive

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LethaDear
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Letha
Bowling Green MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  10:18:01 AM  Show Profile
That's so funny! My husband was at the one in Waterman, IL this weekend! He was assistant Line Boss. He goes by NemoHunter. What a small world. I've been to 3 as well. The first one I could only do a half a day. Between the weather and my health I couldn't hang, lol. The next one was in July and I got my Rifleman Patch! Woo Hoo!!! I was the first person to shoot a rifleman score at that range...tyty, lol. I took my orange hat at that range. The next shoot was an All Womens Shoot called a LADYSEED! That was a blast!!! If you see one close to you, go! We got special shirts that were really cute. It was all women and women instructors. We had a special 17th century dinner Saturday night, and we got to hear more about the women of THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR. I love the history part. Let me see what I can dig up about Appleseed Project and post some info.

Letha

Letha

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  10:59:10 AM  Show Profile
Letha, way to go on getting your Rifleman patch and taking your orange instructor hat! I would love to go to an all woman shoot! My DH goes by Robbvious and my handle is Libby T on the forum. I love the Women of the Revolution history. Those ladies were very brave! I have not been to one this year due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis issues. I am so close to Rifleman with a score of 208!

farmgirl sister #922

Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  4:48:08 PM  Show Profile
Letha, congratulations on getting your patch!!! Way cool.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, Herbalist, Master Energy Intuitive

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LethaDear
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Letha
Bowling Green MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  09:07:34 AM  Show Profile
I understand the physical issue. I have Lupus. What helps me is not doing every corse of fire. Oh and I practice, lol. Hubby and I are going to the range this weekend to work on known distance which I haven't done yet. As an instructor we have to now but that's okay.

Oh and I'm WitchyWoman on the board.

They are having a Rifleman Bootcamp in October in Osage Beach, MO. I am thinking of going. I would be instructing and shooting and learning. It will be a lot of fun. I've never camped by myself before though, but there will be a lot of others there. Gramma Goats will be there. She was the only one to get Rifleman at the Ladyseed. We have special patches for Ladyseeds now too. Very cool stuff, lol

Letha

Go to Top of Page

LethaDear
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Letha
Bowling Green MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  11:47:47 AM  Show Profile
Well me and the hubby met with our county fair board and we have been approved to hold an Appleseed. They only approved for 1 to start with. They want to see how it goes before they give the go ahead for more. It looks like it will be in April. It's going to be great fun. I am going to smoke some pork picnic shoulders for lunch for all the shooters and instructors. Anyone in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa is close enough to make the trip. I would love to see you there. When it gets closer to time I will have more info.

Letha

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  12:56:41 PM  Show Profile
Awesome!

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Appleseed Project Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page