CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  06:07:56 AM  Show Profile
i almost hesitate to start this thread and then leave to VISIT Winnie the Pooh .. (at DisneyWorld) .. ACTUALLY the POOH-BEAR and friends i am talking about are the 'classic' ones by A.A. Milne .. and NOT the Disney Version! (I'll be posting more on the Hundred Acre Wood when i return)

I have been enchanted with Christopher Robin and his friends since my own children were just babies!

When we first adopted our daughter, Kristen at age 2 .. i had a good friend who also had a precious two year old girl. She would always read the classic Winnie the Pooh to her.

I remember the day she said to me in astonishment: "OH GOOD GRIEF .. GREEN EGGS AND HAM!!!" Why don't people read more of the classics to their children! And i remembered our very own copies of the Pooh books from childhood and how our aunt would read those (and the classics) to my brother, sister and me at bedtime each night .. i found our childhood copies .. and our girls grew up on them.

(NOW!!! i do believe there is indeed a place in children's reading for Green Eggs and Ham .. they are a great fun way to teach phonics .. our own Lucas loves Dr. Seuss books .. AND .. Winnie the Pooh).

Daughter Wednesday loved Pooh the most .. and when Lucas was born .. his room was decorated with all classic POOH.

Any other POOH LOVIN' Farmgirls out there? xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  07:53:45 AM  Show Profile
I really like Pooh, too. In fact, just last winter, I was over at our two elderly lady REAL TRUE farmgirl neighbors' house and one of them requested that I read a bit out of Pooh - where they were playing Pooh sticks under the bridge - and it was SO much fun to read out loud to a bunch of adults! Now that my son is almost 3, this is such a good reminder to give Pooh a try - he just loves mother goose (although I find myself censoring some of them - geez - I have an old original copy by Blanche Fischer Wright and some are pretty graphic!) and I think Pooh might be such a fun thing! Thanks, Frannie!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  09:26:01 AM  Show Profile
oh libbie .. aren't most Mother Goose poems kinda' awful if you listen closely to the message: spiders scaring miss muffet from eating her meal .. jack and jill breaking their heads .. peter pumpkin-eater locking his wife up inside a pumpkin .. jack sprat's wife eating fat and probably facing a heart attack in her future .. and it goes on and on.

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Winnie the Pooh Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page