quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  4:58:27 PM  Show Profile
Our bow season ends this weekend and rifle starts the following!! Is anyone here going deer hunting? What type of deer do you hunt? Do your road hunt or pack in somewhere?

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  5:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Our bow season starts next week. We hunt Whitetail with bow and then with rifle. Until we get our own land, we usually hunt on public land or with some friends on their land. We also hunt at a large remote Army base called Fort McCoy in West/Central Wisconsin.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2010 :  9:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Our bow season started the 4th and goes until the middle of October. Then rifle season starts and goes until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We hunt whitetail and elk primarily, but have the opportunity for mule deer and pronghorns too. My husband puts in every year for moose and he drew a bighorn sheep tag a couple of years ago. Hunting is truly a "season" around herre! :)

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Cabin Dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Brenda
Cortland NY
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  05:50:40 AM  Show Profile
Our bow season doesn't begin until mid October, shotgun season is in November for whitetail deer. I have been thinking about bow hunting again, but haven't had the bow out to practice. Will probably just go out during gun season.I prefer bow season because it is not so crazy.My husband, son, and myself are definitely not road hunters. We like going back in - away from people. At our cabin I have my own little patch of woods I sit in - although we recently got new neighbors who want to sit on the property line a few yards from me - augh!
We all enjoy venison and it certainly helps with the grocery bill. We ate our last can of venison last night. We can the tougher cuts and freeze the steaks, sausage.
We have a bird dog that loves to hunt pheasant and grouse with us. We also enjoy turkey hunting.
Good luck to you farmgirls this hunting season!

Farmgirl #1954
Go to Top of Page

LethaDear
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Letha
Bowling Green MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  2:47:32 PM  Show Profile
We hunt white tail deer here. Our season doesn't start until mid November. We hunt squirrel, dove, and rabbit too. I haven't attempted racoon or opossum yet, lol.

Letha

Letha

To speak kindly, does not hurt the tongue.
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Deer season is here! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page