simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  4:36:19 PM  Show Profile
He is just so kind.... he cleaned a juice spill off of the kitchen floor for me... And how you ask... He kindly grabbed the sponge out of the sink that i was washing dishes with and wiped it right up... And what did I do?... I stared at him. He looked at me and said 'dont worry i will clean the sponge.'... and then he turned on the water, squeezed the sponge a few times underneath of the running water... and thru the sponge back in the wash sink with a smile on his face. I bit my tounge and said 'thank you dear'...and then thru it in the garbage when he was out of the kitchen ...

OY!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://thehappycalamity.blogspot.com/

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  4:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Happy day! :)

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  4:50:20 PM  Show Profile
ah, the difference between men and women. Sometimes they are so clueless but you luv 'em anyway.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  4:54:47 PM  Show Profile
yep!!! I was more appreciative than annoyed... he really thought he was helpin out! I love him for that. :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  7:57:46 PM  Show Profile
Interesting coincidence. I'd just wiped of the white glass top stove today when my husband opened the door and in ran our cat with muddy feet jumped up leaving clear black tracks all over it. In an unusual act of gallantry he immediately wiped off the tracks (with a clean dish towel). You got to just love 'em but be thankful they don't spend much time in the kitchen!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  06:35:02 AM  Show Profile
i come to think that they really do want to help and think they are-he means well i tell myself all the time!!! as i grumble and fix what he "fixed"

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  07:43:29 AM  Show Profile
yes this is true here too.lol i throw my sponges in the washer with my towels. just a thought happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  12:36:25 PM  Show Profile
My husband never does dishes. A few days ago, he ate some ice cream, and I asked how he ate it because I didn't see a spoon or bowl in the sink. He said, "I washed them". I asked if he used soap and hot water, and he said no, but he rinsed them and dried them and put them away because "they weren't that dirty". I just wish he wouldn't even try sometimes. Now I keep wondering which spoon and bowl.
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  6:17:54 PM  Show Profile
haha.... OMGoodness Michele!! I would be wondering too!

Sherrye - that is a good thought!

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  10:58:35 AM  Show Profile
I just read this thread yesterday. Late yesterday afternoon after my husband came home from work, he poured himself a glass of Iced Tea. Some drops fell to the floor and he quickly grabbed my new dish cloth and wiped it up, rang it out and placed it back. All I could do was smile

Must be a guy thing :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  08:32:30 AM  Show Profile
Lol, that is so funny! My DH used to CLEAN OUR FLOORS with my dishtowels. Normally, I don't even say anything (I mean, he WAS cleaning the floor, after all), but when my new, cute chicken towels came out of the wash a muddy, nasty grey color, I finally told him, PLEASE do not use my dish towels on the floor! So, I got a bunch of microfiber cloths, and those have the 'ok' for using on the floor.

I admit that if I use a utensil (not one I eat off of, but one I use for stirring), I will sometimes rinse it off and dry it and not use soap :0)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  11:24:41 AM  Show Profile
Me too Amanda. I figure if it was just for stirring it's not really germy. I use my measuring spoons for baking powder etc. and put them back in the drawer without rinsing. BTW I would have kept using the sponge. It went into hot soapy water didn't it? I guess I'm not germaphobic.

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  6:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Liz - I dont wash my measuring spoons either.... unless of course its wet stuff being measured... i figure it is a clean spoon going into a clean container of ingredient...then going back into the same clean container the measuring spoons belong in. No sweat right?! :)

the sponge though... on the floor.... in that regards i am a total germaphob..

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
Ashley Smith

Go to Top of Page

MTwoman
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Marti
bond colorado
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  04:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Funny how when your husband tells you he cleaned up a mess the first thing you do is go back and clean up what they left.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic My dear sweet husband......... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page