DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  09:49:58 AM  Show Profile
As much as I love a day at the spa getting pampered, I am way too frugal to use my resources in that way. With that, I color my hair at home from *gasp* a box. I only color it a few times a year, when I absolutely cannot stand the grey patches at my temples and bangs. Because of this, I always forget what colors I've used in the past that I like and dislike. There have been times when I have dyed my hair twice in one day because I used a color so hideous that I was afraid the circus was going to kidnap me, thinking I was one of their own. Just today as I was coloring my hair, I had an aha moment. Starting today, I will tear off the top of the box with the color code on it and write on the back of it whether I love or should ban that color. The key is putting it in a place where you'll remember where it's at next time, like a vanity drawer. It's not a huge thing and you're not going to see your budget do a 180 to the good but it can save you a few bucks here and there when you don't have to buy a second box, or color sooner just to get rid of the color that doesn't agree with you. Do you have a good money saving beauty tip that you'd like to share?

Lyn
Farmgirl Sister #1574
Mid-Michigan Farmgirl Chapter
http://simplelifeseeker.blogspot.com

Edited by - DvilleMama on Sep 09 2010 7:19:52 PM

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  6:28:22 PM  Show Profile
Lyn, that is a great one. I always forget which color it is, as they are always changing the picture on the front!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  5:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Lyn, If you go to Sally's Beauty Supply or any supply house that will let the public shop there...you can get a medium size bottle of developer (cream) (2.00) and a tube of color (4.00) the tube of color will last you 2-3 times depending on the length of your hair. The developer will last you about 5-6 times of use. and you use it 50/50 and just apply to roots...if you have any questions just email me. To me it lasts longer than box (oh no) colors...
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  07:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Lyn,
I say 'Just quit"
I stopped coloring my hair as my birthday present to myself about 6 months ago.
I absolutely love it. No more touch ups or bad color choices or having to think about it when I am on a trip.
My kids have even decided that they like it
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Money Saving Beauty Tip Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page