Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Need flannel 1/4 -1/3 yd pieces
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Need flannel 1/4 -1/3 yd pieces Next Topic  

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  11:10:22 AM  Show Profile
Howdy, y'all!
I am doing a bit of baby sewing, and I'm looking for leftover pieces of flannel in 1/4- 1/3 yd pieces. This would be to make backs for bibs and booties, etc. I am looking for solid or solid-type brights or pastels.
I just went and spent my gift budget at the fabric store, and I though I had suitable left- overs for backing smaller things . I have a stash of fabrics and would be happy to barter for similar amounts of woven fabric. If you have a bigger piece in a shade that would match a lot of things, that's fine , too! My flannels right now are not really for making baby stuff, so I'm using them for the Million Pillowcases for Charity challenge.
Thanks for reading!
Mary LD

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  12:25:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mary,
I know you said solids or pastels but I just wanted to tell ya what I have and let you decide if you can use them. I have a white thin flannel with little blue trains about 3 yards.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

Glennora
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Glennora
Birch Run Mi
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  5:32:40 PM  Show Profile
Just a thought- Have you looked over your local thrift shop to recycle used clothing? Natural fabrics wear so well,i.e: wool, cotton & silk, that no one is the wiser if your new sewn item is from reused fabric from a shirt back :). I have found great 'like new' fabric (in the form of used clothing) for next to nothing. I'm currently working on a silk crazy quilt, most of which is in the form of men's ties.
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Need flannel 1/4 -1/3 yd pieces Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page