Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Bathtub shower curtain rod?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bathtub shower curtain rod? Next Topic  

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 29 2006 :  10:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
While trying to fix up the house we have realized that we cannot change the bathroom how we had planned and cant change the way the plumbing is, so we have to make due with where the bathtub is now. We are going to hook up a shower but there is a window next to the tub, so we thought about a round shower curtain rod that you would see around a clawfoot bathtub, so it would cover the window from getting wet. However we cannot find one anywhere! If you know where to get one could you please point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it! thanks!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  06:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Leah, I am not sure other then the vermont Country Store used to carry them www.vermontcountrystore.com years ago I had from there. They carry alot of things other stores don't. You probably wont have to pay as much either. You can order it, if you cant find it online, they have a toll free no. good luck.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  06:39:10 AM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Leah,
I have a clawfoot tub and had to get one. You can special order them at Lowe's. They have a thick book of bath assessories and several to chose from. I paid $53 for mine and that was a cheap one. Good luck!!
Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  09:20:53 AM  Show Profile
There are several here:
http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/catalog/category/category_w_products.jsp?categoryId=cat610002&start=13

If that link doesn't work, go to www.restorationhardware.com
Go to the "bath" section, then click on "sinks & tubs" and go to page two.

Annie

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
NEW blog: http://bramblestitches.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  11:45:35 AM  Show Profile
Leah- ( That's my mom's name!) You may want to try a salvage yard in your area. They can be great resources for hardware, etc. at reasonable prices. Good luck!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  3:15:52 PM  Show Profile
I had a window next to my tub in my old apartment...I just hung up a regular curtain rod over the window and found a really pretty shower curtain liner and just made my curtain! It looked really cute!

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  3:52:35 PM  Show Profile
Leah -

You can also try www.hippohardware.com or www.rejuvenation.com and look under the Portland and the Seattle stores, both of these resources carry new and salvaged items.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  4:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Leah,

If you add a showerhead that has a long hose on it you can take it off its holder on the wall and it won't get the window wet at all. This is what I have done in the same situation and it's also great for washing dogs in the tub.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  4:57:30 PM  Show Profile
The last time I stayed at a Westin Hotel (Savannah, Ga) they had the best round shower curtain rods I have ever seen. And they sell them! Go to the westin.com site and see if they still have them for sale. They come in two sizes, and are wonderful.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  9:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
thank you thank you!! the search is on!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bathtub shower curtain rod? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page