Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  05:52:57 AM  Show Profile
that will not leave more trash and lint on the floor than before its even mopped. Got any suggestions?

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  06:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I like the yarn mops that you can get at most stores. I get the ones that have a wringer built in. Usually you can unscrew the mop head and just pop it in your washer and drier after mopping. I sweep or vaccum before mopping to get as much as I can up, and then I make sure to rinse all the junk out after mopping or wash it. About once a month or so I try to make time to wash my floors by hand just to make sure I get the nooks and crannies that the mops don't get into.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  09:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I also use a yarn mop and vacuum first. My bucket has a wringer built into it makes it easy as well. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  1:12:54 PM  Show Profile
I wrote about my favorite mop on my blog a few weeks ago! I switched to the Libman Wonder Mop four years ago and LOVE it! You can find it for about $8 at Walmart. The heads are machine washable (up to 50 times!) so a "green alternative" too. In four years I went through one mop and an extra replaceable mop head. I just recently bought a new Libman Wonder Mop because the part around the plastic head was rusting off. LOVE it!
-Elizabeth
www.trenchesofmommyhood.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  1:50:37 PM  Show Profile
I use a steam mop. Eureka is the one I bought years ago and since many other companies are making them too. Rubbermaid just came out with one. But, what I like about the steam mop is no chemicals of any kind are needed. I first use a microfiber fuller dry mop. Vaccum around baseboards and then steam mop. The pads are washable and I've never had to replace them in 7 years. I bought two pads for $20.00

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  1:52:22 PM  Show Profile
If you have all wood floor then the steam mop won't be for you. I love the Fuller Brush microfiber wet/dry mop. The head is washable and huge. One my wood floors I dry mop first and then lightly wet mop with a different pad. Whenever Fuller has a sell on them I buy more. Very eco-friendly and lasts forever.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  7:56:22 PM  Show Profile
I use a Libman's cloth mop with the built-in wringer. I love it. When it gets dirty, you can take the mop head off and toss it in the washer. I tried a Wet Jet, but it really didn't clean my floor the way I wanted it to. With the Libman mop, your hands stay dry.
Mel aka coffeemom
FG#833
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  07:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks you all ,I think I will try a libman! Sounds like a good deal! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  07:29:28 AM  Show Profile
I love my haan steam mop.

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  5:37:50 PM  Show Profile
i totally agree with the haan for regular floors. the steam sterilizes the floor. i love it. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  12:39:24 PM  Show Profile
I use a Sh-mop. It is basically just a terry towel covering a big swiffer mop kind of base. You throw the towel thing in the washer when you're done. Whatever they make the towel part out of isn't linty like using most of my regular old towels for rags. I have hard wood floors, so I use this with the spray stuff they make for the floors. I also use it on my vinyl bathroom floors.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  12:56:20 PM  Show Profile
It's the Libman mop for me too! It's really good at the pick up and doesn't leave the gray "cruddies" on the floor like my other ones have. The best part is that once I'm done mopping I can toss it in the washer and it comes out nice and fresh for next time AND it doesn't shred in the washer. :)
Hope you find what works for you!
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  6:57:05 PM  Show Profile
Boy what a big selection, If at first you don't succeed try, try again. So that will be what I do but I still think I will start with the Libman. Thanks Girls for all you advice I greatly appreciate it! Blessings,Karen

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Need a good mop Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page