True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  7:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Things are difficult. Money always seems tight-

But yet I am happy. Sure, a little more money would be nice.

But watching my daughter ride her bike this afternoon. Talking with the neighbor, having food to eat for dinner, sharing hugs and kisses with my husband, and cuddling Nora.... This is what life is about.

I think so often we get so focused on what we need to achieve. "I need to pay this bill" "I have to get this grade" "I need to get this promotion"

That we forget to enjoy the moment.

I want to thank you ladies for being part for being part of my moment. I love logging on and reading about your days. I love the yummy recipes and the friendship that is offered.

I love you all as my sisters.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16445 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16445 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  7:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Ah, yes, the joy of Alee. U are one of mine.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  8:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks MaryJane! :D

Tonight I called my parents to catch up. When I was done talking to my dad I asked him if he wanted to talk to Nora. She took the phone and they were chatting away. I couldn't help but sit back and listen. Nora started giggling wildly at one point- what what said that was so funny I have no idea. But I am still smiling at how their connection is so strong. Nora then dived into her hiding place and covered herself up with a blanket while still on the phone with her Pappa. I could hear her say "Shsh! The animals are sleeping and now we are hiding!" (Her hiding place was completely full of her stuffed animals and blankets).

What a great moment to have. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Or when she helped me make the apple pie filling from the Egg issue of MJF Magazine this weekend. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  10:41:48 PM  Show Profile
And we love you too, Alee!! We love all you share, your stories, your happiness and sadness, sweet little Nora, Thank you for giving so much! Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  03:16:14 AM  Show Profile
I agree more money would be nice, I always prayed for my children to be healthy & happy. My prayers have been answered. When asked what I need or want I can say I have all I need. I may want a nice car but mine still works & so does my old truck. My home my be in need of some repairs but it's a roof over my head. My neighbors are with out a doupt a real blessing. My feet may hurt at the end of my day, but I can still walk. I thank God every day for the life I have. It's so good to be happy.

Nora also makes us happy Alee, We love the stories and pictures.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  04:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Counting my blessings also, and all my MJF sisters are on that list. Thanks Alee for reminding us that sometimes it's just easier to be happy.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  05:37:13 AM  Show Profile
it is nice to be happy-it takes less energy than being sad and angry all the time. sometimes we just need to sit back and think of all the good things we have-most that money can't buy! thank you for the reminder alee it is nice to be in like company.

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  06:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you ladies! I have a big smile on my face right now. Your kind words mean the world to me- and I am so glad you know what I mean.

For the last couple of months there has been something at work that has had me focusing on the Negative and lately I realized that is the SILLIEST thing I should be doing. I was encouraging more bad things to happen by focusing on my own negative attitude and not letting the little (probably unintentional) things go by without acknowledgement. I realized I needed to flip my thinking and become an active participant in the work atmosphere and thereby help shape it with a positive attitude.

In fact that reminds me that I need to talk to my manager today and thank her for the work she has been doing lately.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  06:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Amen Alee!!

What is more joyful than family?

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  06:40:07 AM  Show Profile
Alee,
I agree wholeheartedly with you. Your posts are so full of information & I love seeing pictures of Nora and how she is growing up. Everyone on this forum has truly helped me be myself and not care what other people think. True sisters forever! (Happy dance)

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  07:11:35 AM  Show Profile
Alee - thanks for sharing your moments with us, yes, we all should take the time to smell the flowers!
Alee you are always the one anyone can turn too, with a question or just to "talk". I have deeply appreciated your advice many times!
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  07:39:20 AM  Show Profile
yes you girls are so right. what matters is our God and family. no matter what happens on the outside we control the inside. we choose how we are going to see our experiences. all the girls helped me remember that. unemployment and almost having to leave our home. i was reminded again its all stuff. i like my stuff but i can do without it. i packed boxes of stuff when we thought we would have to leave here to foreclosure. its been boxed for months. i do not remember what is in them. lol keepsakes and stuff. kisten my diabetic 3 yr. old GD helps me stay grounded. i am learning to give shots again. i got scared awhile back. so i stopped trying. kisten told me and mom.. nana needs to learn mom so i can stay overnight. life is so good. being loved and needed is a fine thing. the rest is cream. i shall go milk a cow feed a calf talk with my chicken girls love on the goaties feed the pigs some milk and cry from the joys of life as i look at the cascade mountains in the distance and know its all good. yes alee life is good. may all the farmgirls have good and fine daysthanks for the reminder alee happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  9:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Alee, so true. Sometimes I think, oh, all the other girls at school have this and that, but really, I have my family, my intelligence, and I'm healthy. What more could you need? I think that everyone could maybe think about all the things we take for granted.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  9:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Now this is exactly why we are all here- because we know what is important in life and come here to share! I am thankful that I have all of my farmgirl sisters to share with and I too love logggig on and reading about your days- the good and the bad, and I say the bad because I just love that we all come together to help one another when someone is going through a rough patch. We've all got our days when things may seem a bit too much, and a simple post like this grounds you back and tells you that everything is okay. I have a sign on my desk at work that reads: "Attitude is everything...SMILE" and I do my best to live by that each and everyday. You cant necessarily change what comes your way each day but you can certainly adjust the way you handle it!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Homekeepn
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Cathy
West Gardiner Maine
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  05:10:10 AM  Show Profile
The heart and spirit of all you farmgirls is a great reason why I joined this forum. I feel such a kinship with all of you. I will be visiting an old friend today who would also love this site. I know her computer is on the fritz right now, but maybe soon she can see this is a great place to be.

---Cathy---
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  05:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
:)

This morning Nora woke up and got out of bed before she was really awake. We got to cuddle on the couch with a blanket for a good 10-15 minutes before she was up and running. It made my heart glad. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

katrina
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Katrina
The Dalles Oregon
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  07:10:15 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful post Alee. Its so great to get that restart on what is really important. It seems our lives are running a bit of a parallel right now with work and other ick. So.... Last night, i stopped what I was doing, went outside, and pushed the kids on the swings. And threw the ball for the dogs. It was so wonderful. I am so thankful for this forum, and for this life God has given me.

www.WorkOfArtCreations.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  2:49:07 PM  Show Profile
Alee - this morning at church, the whole focus was on the fact that we do not really own anything. Everything is given to us as a blessing. You have grasped that concept, and know the true value of things.....it is not stuff....it is people and the world that is so beautiful. Thank you for making us feel part of your thoughts!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Joy of Life Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page