jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  2:40:41 PM  Show Profile
I decided to make it happen in my house and on the porch today. Posted a photo on my blog and will have more to follow! I have declared it autumn at my house, even if it is 90! September is only a day away.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  7:44:42 PM  Show Profile
You go girl... a girl after my own heart.. I too love Fall and can not wait for it to actually arrive. We are in the 90's here on Long Island as well...but school starts next week and I can feel autumn coming. I too am a decorating freak.. especially when it comes to fall- but I must say you beat even me to the punch! My next door neighbor and I have a little "competition" that goes on for every holiday to see who beats who in getting their house decorated!
Your decorations look very nice!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  8:39:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Jeannie! You made my night!

I did the same thing on Saturday in my living room, and my hubby made fun of me - can you believe it! I don't care - it might have been 90 degrees plus today, but our home looked BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I am SO done with summer and heat...autumn is just so vibrant - it makes something in me feel so alive. We started homeschool today, and there were plenty of apple-scented candles fragrancing the rooms just for the teacher (unlit, of course)! I've got my florals on the mantle, a huge glass pumpkin jar surrounded by a bittersweet wreath with a huge apple scented candle inside sitting on my coffee table, my fall throw strewn over a wing chair, a little autumn wreath around my goose decoy's neck, and as soon as I can get to my other decorations in the attic, they're coming out, too (way too hot up there today... maybe tomorrow.). I haven't decorated outside yet, but I've got cornstalks from my garden drying, the sunflowers in the garden are already starting to wilt, and from a distance I've been eye-ing mums, bales of hay and pumpkins in the patch at a local farm. Everything here is starting to turn brown and red and yellow and orange - it's beautiful. I figure if nature can change the decor, then so can I! ;) Plus, you only go through life once, so you might as well make it what you want it to be. And this makes me HAPPY! 'Just a little while longer and I'll be pulling out the sweatshirts, bulky sweaters and boots - I cannot WAIT! Bring on the chill!

Oh! And BTW I just love that pumpkin arrangement on your blog!

Thanks for sharing your excitement about autumn's impending arrival. I can't wait to tell my hubby - I'm not alone and I'm NOT crazy!

Hugs,

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  08:07:03 AM  Show Profile
That is so funny. Yesterday I was in my workshop and was looking at my fall stuff and wondered if it was too early. This morning I woke up to rain so now I know it isn't too early. Since it's raining today I am going to dig out my fall stuff and linens and get to it.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  5:34:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm so ready for fall! It was so hot today, and there's no air conditioning at my school! But my fall spirit will overpower the highest of temperatures! lol
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  05:43:00 AM  Show Profile
i am ready for fall too-i have already seen some maple trees changing color!! it makes very excited, i think it is one of the most beautiful times of the year. i don't need to do any re-decorating though cause my house always looks like fall with the yellows reds and oranges-guess i am only in step once a year!! oh well

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  09:33:12 AM  Show Profile
Me too! My favorite time of year!! Happy September!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  1:47:53 PM  Show Profile
Now I'm really, really wanting to decorate!

And I love that mustard colored hutch on your blog!

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  2:09:16 PM  Show Profile
I have mixed emotions, living in Colorado. I love Autumn, but around here summer is such a blessing, too. I think I'll cling to summer a little longer, but embrace autumn the second she peeks around the corner.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  6:53:35 PM  Show Profile
I love fall too! I decorated inside our house this past weekend. We had a small party and it had kind of an autumn theme. I decorated my office at work with fall flowers and pumpkins today. I consider the 1st of Sept. as the beginning of fall so I don't think it's too early to decorate. I'm just looking forward to the cooler temps we are supposed to get later this weekend.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  7:03:37 PM  Show Profile
I am soooo ready for Fall. The 100++++ temps of August have just about killed us all here. I can't wait for pumpkin pie, football games (Boomer Sooner!!!), and open windows. I love Fall.

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  07:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE FALL!!! So, when it comes I'll be happy!!! It IS nice though now that we have cooler temps and more green than is typical for this time of year . . we have had an incredible monsoon season!!! The weeds are . . well, they are something else!!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  12:55:29 PM  Show Profile
I am not alone!!! :) I posted a couple more photos on my blog, and plan to keep going....another trip to Jo-Ann's might be in my future. This morning when I went outside on tht porch, it almost felt cool....at least the outside of the windows were not condensed!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I am so ready for Fall!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page