Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  05:20:12 AM  Show Profile
Going to be realy hot here this week. Not feeling like Fall the next few days. Next week more like low 70'S.
My Brother and sister in law are here for a visit from South Carolina, so they think the weather is perfect.
Posted a picture of part of my sewing room, I should be down there sewing, its nice and cool there. To bad I only can straight stitch and I can't follow a pattern. Sooo that means I can make pillows and quilts as long as its straight stitch. But clothes? not so much.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  07:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Happy Monday, Nancy!

Yesterday afternoon we had a hail storm and this morning I woke up to a very strong rainstorm outside. I just hope this year the leaves fall off the trees before the first snow storm. The last two years we have had heavy wet snow storms hit while the leaves were still green and it broke a lot of trees!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  08:53:41 AM  Show Profile
Nancy....just this past weekend I went into Joanne's to buy some soft sea blue corduroy for a jacket I am planning on sewing. The thing is Nancy dear....I have not touched a pattern in about 30-years. I used to make most of my clothes in high school prom dresses, etc. and just hated it. Then I ventured into quilting and pillows in my late 30's. I don't know how it will turn out, but I am going to give it a try!

Weather here is very warm today but looking cooler by the weekend...

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  09:11:44 AM  Show Profile
We planned to go to the state fair today but its stinky hot and humid and we'll plan on Wednesday when it may actually be in the 70's.
Nancy,
those shelves in your sewing room are delightful, a great place to keep those treasures and enjoy them. I got a shelf up in my "going to be a sewing room" last month and pulled out a box of "treasures" some of which have been packed away for over 30 years. That is a place I can enjoy them and may encourage me to get going on getting it functional. Hauling the sewing machine to the dining room table isn't very encouraging, especially when it needs to get moved off for other uses.
Melody,
The jacket sounds beautiful! I sewed a lot of clothes in high school and pre-kid years, then it turned functional and to toys for the kids. It sounds like fun to get back to it, but patterns cost a fortune now don't they?
Have a great day.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Saffron
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Sheila
Dallas Texas
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  10:26:35 AM  Show Profile
My home AC went out a week ago today. It was one of the hottest days of the summer in Dallas. Took me 3 days to get it replaced! Thought I was gonna die.... I have never been so hot! I am so ready for Fall I can't stand it! Give me 70` and below weather and I'd be happy. Stay cool! :-)

Farmgirl #1987

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil~ it has no point."
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  12:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, you sound like me with the sewing. I can make curtains or pillows but a pattern? Yikes! I need someone to show me how. I want to learn to sew so very bad.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  1:43:12 PM  Show Profile
I am with you Kris and Nancy... The most I can do (if I'm lucky) is sew a semi straight line!. I dont even have a machine..but plan on getting one b/c getting back tot he basics and making things is what I enjoy and want to pursue even more. I have a nicely finished basement and just started created my own "space" down there for crafting.
I've heard pluses and negatives about taking sewing classes. I just taught myself to crochet again (havent done so in over 30 years) but can only do simple stitches- nothing fancy. Thinking of taking crocheting class they are offering in the adult continuing education program through my school district.
Wish me luck!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  2:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Love to quilt, love to cross-stitch, love to mend, hate to sew clothes.......I do all my sewing by hand, and I can find enough projects!!! I am like you Nancy.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  1:06:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh good I'm not alone then. Good to know.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Happy Monday Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page