Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Moving to Northern Oregon in November
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Moving to Northern Oregon in November Next Topic  

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:03:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello all, I'm new to this and read MaryJane's magazine every time it comes out. Because of the economy I am closing my quilt shop after 9 years and giving up my beautiful log home my family built 6 years ago. I'm now single and times have been tough. I'm moving to The Dalles Oregon with my mom to get my feet back under me. I would love to connect with "Farm Girls" in the area if there are any of you out there. I'll be moving up sometime in November. I have to say starting over at 53 is not what I wanted to do.. but I do see the possibility of a good new beginning. Just wish it wasn't so scary!

bunnyrose.com

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny...Don't be scared...God has a plan for all of us. He's not finished with you yet and you will reap his rewards. We all get the bumps along the way, Sometimes they are a big knock but they make us stronger.LOL!
Go to the forum Virtual Porchies and chat with us. We support, pray and bless each other through all kind of problems. We have some people on there that might be close to you. Run over to us. I'll be expecting you.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:23:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Healing Touch,....I can't find Virtual Porches... where do I go

bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Bunny! I'll be praying for you! I'm so sorry you are going through this.
Big hugs!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Channah for your prayers. I know connecting with all of you will be a big help. I know there is a plan for me.. I just wish God would send a fax so I could plan better!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:55:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny! I'm so sorry to hear about the challenges you're going through (((hugs))). I live in central Oregon, so you'll have a farm girl, quilting sister near-ish to you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You couldn't have come to a better place to find true friends!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:59:18 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jewel, Bend is about 3 hours away from where I'll be... I'm glad to be connecting with everyone. I know I'll make some wonderful friends!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  10:22:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Bunny. I live south of you about 3 hours in Glide, Oregon. I have a friend in PDX who called me last night and told me that per capita PDX has the most restaurants/coffee shops/bookstores in the US! How fun is that!!

Two weeks ago I drove through The Dalles with a couple of girlfriends on our way to Eagle Cap Wilderness for a week-long horse packing trip. I can't tell you much about the city because we were on I84 going 60! I'm sure it's a nice place. PDX is touted all the time in various magazines as a nice place to live.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  10:35:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Loyce, My mom has lived in The Dalles for about 30 years. I'll be moving in with her for a while. I'm kind of excited about being so close to Portland. I love the downtown area. I'm also thrilled to be about 4 hours to Seattle. It's like driving to lake tahoe from where I'm at now.. mostly a weekend trip. I'm meeting lots of Oregon ladies on this site. I can't wait to get there and maybe even actually meet some of you. Making new friends will be one of my main goals. Keep in touch.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  11:00:52 AM  Show Profile
Hello Bunny,
I am so sorry to hear of your closing your quilt shop. We quilters need all the fabric we can get!

I used to live in The Dalles many, many years ago. Now that the interstate has been built, it is just a drive by. I usually stop at one of the fast food places on the west end, but haven't been that way for years.

Starting over at 53 isn't necessarily what you wanted to do, but you have begun your trek and it will be what you make of it. When I lived in The Dalles, the weather was always great and winters never lasted too long. I am sure you will have a good future because you sound so positive. Like you, I am afraid of the unknown, but when the new life has begun it isn't so bad.

I wish you the best.
Betty in Pasco, just up the river from you.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  11:39:22 AM  Show Profile
Betty, I'm so glad to have found all these wonderful "farmgirl" ladies. I'm hoping when I get there we can all get a group together and maybe meet a few times a year. I look forward to making new friends. I know my "New Life" will be good. It will be what ever I want it to be for the most part. Moving to my mom's with no income or job will be a bit scary. I'm hoping Accuquilt will hire me to do demonstrations at local quilt shops. They are gathering applications now. It would be the perfect life for me..traveling, teaching and still staying in the quilting community. I hope to meet up with you someday.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  2:38:14 PM  Show Profile
So glad to know you're doing ok, Bunny. Keep us posted about your job prospect with Accuquilt. I'm hoping for you! Sounds like an ideal job for you!

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Moving to Northern Oregon in November Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page