Chassen
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Chassen
Columbus OH
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:01:59 AM  Show Profile
In Columbus, OH, there are alot of awesome thrift stores and antique shops. This weekend, so far I have found a vintage metal aluminum foil/wax paper/paper towel holder-a vintage metal coffee/tea/sugar/flour/bread holder-and a vintage pie crust crimper.
I had to gush about these finds!! We're redoing our kitchen to vintage and I was crying when the DH let me get these. Oh eah-i only spent about $15 on all three!!

City-bound for now! Looking for my little piece of heaven...

http://gnomefalls.blogspot.com/

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  4:11:37 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you found some goodies!
I have a kitchen done with these types of things.
What's startling is finding some of my kitchen ware in the antique shops!
Smiles!
Carla

It's not just life-
It's an adventure!

http://familyhistoryfindings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  4:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  9:27:37 PM  Show Profile
Chassen - 'sounds like you're having so much fun. "Junk shopping," as my friends and I call it, is one of my favorite pasttimes! We have lots of cool places around here - everything from thrift to antique to junk shops. I love taking just a $10 bill in my pocket and finding what I can -it's a treasure hunt! Two weekends ago, we were at a local junk shop and I found a set of 5 brand new Princess House Fantasia crystal spice jars with a rack, brand new, never used or opened, still in the original box, still sealed in the original plastic packaging, for just $3. I was thrilled. Then I went to the checkout and found out that the lady was having a going out of business sale, and everything in her kiosk was 75% off the marked price. I got this brand new set for just 75 cents! At first I thought they were mistaken, but they insisted they were right. I kind of felt bad about it, so I tried to get them to at least take the $3, but they wouldn't take it. They joked with me and said if I felt that bad about it, they'd be happy to take it off my hands for me. Ummmm.. no WAY! Sometimes, you just hit things right! :) I'm so glad you're having fun. I'll be thinking of you on my next trip out! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic a trio of kitchen finds... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page