Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 north texas farmgirl chapter.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic north texas farmgirl chapter....... Next Topic  

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  4:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
every once in a while i get an email from a new farmgirl who wants to join the North texas farmgirl chapter.
well, when i posted the chapter i was very excited, it was in my pre-illness days, and i couldnt wait for the calls to come in and the chapter to begin!!!!!!
all these many months later there is still no north texas farmgirl chapter....but as i am healing and trying to put my sick days behind me i have wondered if a new project like this wouldnt be a good idea.
so i am putting out the word here to see if anyone would be interested in a north texas farmgirl chapter close to the bonham area. please post or shoot me an email if you are interested.
my initial thought is that we would meet monthly here at the farm to start, but i am interested in all suggestions. really just want to know once and for all how many farmgirls would really like to participate.
ps. this would be open to anyone not just north texas.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
www.localharvest.org/farms/M24434

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  4:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am interested, but don't know how far from Houston you are.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  02:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi amy, i would love to have you in the group. we are very far apart from each other, though.
our farm is north of bonham about 6 miles south of the red river. we are almost in oklahoma.
it seems lately i have been getting emails from farmgirls that are in my area and i thought again what fun it might be to get together and work on craft projects or farm projects or just meet another kindred spirit.
went to your blogspot and loved reading about your family. i grew up in galveston county and i do miss it. (not the humidity!)
i have a niece and her family left in clear lake, otherwise no relatives left there. my husband and i still try to go to galveston at least once a year.
hope yall had a great week there.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
Go to Top of Page

justbe
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Kris
Garland Texas
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  09:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie-

I'm in Garland, TX not too far away. Love to help start up a group.

Kris
Farmgirl #1761

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
- J. R. R. Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

ladychick
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

amber
burleson texas
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  1:16:32 PM  Show Profile
I;m a farmgirl,I live in Rendon between Mansfield and Burleson. A friend of mine has chickens, goats and rabbits. We do fun stuff together with some other good friends. I got sick for a while and had a few sugeries to fix it all. I'm better now and have plans for a spring garden, gonne make a new kitchen table, crochet and sew my heart out this winter too. I just might get a few chickens again. Too hot to do much outside except water my trees and herbs. Where is bonham? Anyone closer to Rendon area?

texas farm girl at heart
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  4:35:26 PM  Show Profile
Count me in!!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

palomalove
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Jenna
Arlington TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  7:50:45 PM  Show Profile
I would love to join too :)

...in every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  09:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i would love to have everyone here join, but i do think that the group in oak cliff is probably closer for everyone except betsy.
i would like to plan a get together for the fall, so we still have a little time before we need to gather together.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic north texas farmgirl chapter....... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page