MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  9:48:43 PM  Show Profile
I will probably be either nursing or pregnant for at least the next 8 years......so I am wanting to invest in some nursing clothes patterns. As what is available premade leaves a lot to be desired for my clothing lifestyle. Elizabeth lee has the most patterns I want (I've bought a few others from other places as well, and will see how I like them-but EL has a lot more!), I tried to email her but haven't received a reply yet, I don't want to send my credit card info etc to the business if it is no longer in business. From the look of the website it's VERY dated (like late 80's early 90's). Does any one know if Elizabeth Lee is still in business?

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  07:57:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure. Did you search every inch of the site for a phone number? I have managed to unearth phone numbers for places in some of the hardest to find spots on their sites, but there is almost always one there somewhere.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  08:14:46 AM  Show Profile
Is there an address for the company (cause then you would have their city and state), if so, call 411 to see if they have a phone number

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  08:55:27 AM  Show Profile
Good idea about 411.

Angela the site specifically says there is not a phone number. There is a fax number though. But, the site says they don't have any one to answer a phone so don't have a phone number listed.

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  3:59:15 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth's husband died in the Spring. She may not be working right now.
www.sewbaby.com has some modest maternity patterns.
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  4:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Sewbaby has one Elizabeth Lee pattern, and one from Blessed Designs. They used to carry Kwik Sew maternity patterns- but no longer. They used to have more for maternity.
M LD

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  3:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary, I did find out about her husband, it does seem as though I think she had to go back to work and I haven't heard back from any emails I sent to her via the site.

However, I joined some groups and have been able to buy many of her used patterns! Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  09:22:14 AM  Show Profile
So sad- Elizabth made a big contribution to breastfeeding. her patterns were around when my son was born 18 yrs ago. Such items were rare - to my knowledge- at the time.
Mayr LD

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  12:08:35 PM  Show Profile
VERY rare indeed. A austrailian company made some too and they are also out of business. What the stores sell are very limited. elizabeth's designs were also classic and timeless (just adjust fabric to more modern ones and you have very classic wear) the basic designs go through the decades well. It's really too bad it wasn't enough to sustain her through her husband's death. Must be really hard for her, especially with small children.

Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  5:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Demand probably isnt as high as it used to be either, the average person just doesn't sew clothes so much anymore when you can buy jeans and blouses from Wal-Mart for 5$, can't even buy material for that.

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  5:37:06 PM  Show Profile
yeah but what you get there isn't very good quality and it looks like 5 dollars! lol haha The thing is WM doesn't sell nursing clothes as far as I know, and very limited pregnancy clothing.

Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic elizabeth lee Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page