Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just Done Next Topic  

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I'm having a bad day today. I just found out that my part time job hours are getting cut even more. UGH! I'm seriously at wits end! I know that I'm having a pity party right now and that there are worst situations than mine but geesh....I just want to sit and cry. I have my resume out and for right now I still have a little bit of a job. I just feel defeated.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:28:04 AM  Show Profile
(((HUGS))) Pam, I'm so sorry that you're having a cruddy day. Have your cry. Sometimes we need it. Then accept some hugs from your MJF sisters, and have faith that something GOOD will happen today!!! I believe it will :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:47:28 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes a pity party is just what you need. Vent about it, have a good cry, then know there are better days ahead.

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  10:42:21 AM  Show Profile
So sorry, I will be praying that a GREAT job offer will come your way soon! Big hugs to ya! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  11:26:54 AM  Show Profile
Go ahead and cry..we all need that once in a while! Then dry your tears and SMILE, because something good will happen for you. It may seem like things are bad, but you will find an even better job. Change is good!
Smiles and Hugs,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  11:47:19 AM  Show Profile
(((HUGS)))

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  2:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hang in there Pam. When one door closes another opens. It may seem bad now but all things happen for a reason. You are so talented something good will come of this. God does not put the spirit of fear, anxiety or depression in us so remember that and go on. Get it out of your system today and let our prayers cover you. I lost avery good paying job in December and more blessings have come out of it than negatives. God always blesses.

Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  3:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Darlene is right, I took a job after working with a company for 13 years and (laid off every winter) with hopes that that would not happen. Well after 4 months guess what, I got laid off. Both
are seasonal businesses. I went to another location of this garden center and there is hope of getting a couple of days. I am collecting but not making what I need. I hope you are collecting, check into it because if your hours are cut and u are not getting a certain percentage u can collect.
Hope things work out for u.
Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  5:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Thank you guys so much. You are so wonderful and supportive. I am so blessed to have found this site and found so many amazing people.

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  6:17:33 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I have had tons of those pity parties. It does help. I will pray that things start looking up for you really soon.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  6:35:21 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I'm sorry about your news. I hope things get better soon!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  8:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Pam, it's your pity party and you can cry if you want to. I am praying for you...hugs and good thoughts your way.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  8:51:59 PM  Show Profile
(((((Pam)))))

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  9:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I understand. Like I tell my oldest DD, sometimes a pity party is just what a person needs to get back on their feet. And whats a party without cake? I have some of my DD b-day cake left over. It's chocolate with homemade butter icing and 3 kinds of candy bars chopped up on it! Have a cry and eat some cake, you'll feel better!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  9:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Pam, my dear Penpal,
I'm so sorry. Please know that thoughts and prayers are with you and I believe completely and honestly that something better will happen for you soon! Try to relax and bring on the positive energy (after you vent and scream of course!!! Sending a little surprise to you...it went out today!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  06:44:13 AM  Show Profile
Pam, I have come to the realization that everything happens for a reason and this just means there is something better coming to you in the future. But I still love a good pity party so go for it. Just try not to worry too much, the big guy has a plan for you, it just hasn't been revealed yet

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 11 2010 06:44:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  06:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
hang on, pam! i was in the same place you are for several days last week and then suddenly everything just came together. not just together, but together perfectly!

http://www.alittlebitofred.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  09:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Big thanks and hugs to all of you! Yesterday I had a little wake up moment. I was talking to an old co-worker and she was telling me how my old job at the crisis line was getting worse and how management was even crazier with power and trying to break up the union there. At that very moment, I was holding my check. It was a smaller amount but it was priceless to me. I was out of a toxic place and even though my hours are less here-it's still a million times better. I am sending out my resume and not giving up. As I always say, time to put on my big girl panties. I allowed myself a pity party-with cake and now I'm determined to embrace and be thankful for the hours I have here and keep looking for other opportunities.

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  12:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Pam,
Hugs and prayers. The pity party served its purpose and now you are ready for the challenge! Carpe diem!

Lida
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just Done Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page