Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 Trouble posting photos stored on Flickr
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic Trouble posting photos stored on Flickr Next Topic  

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  08:47:41 AM  Show Profile
This is the first problem I've had with flickr - has there been any kind of change that would cause the problem? I've tried posted both the html and the link and neither work.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:32:38 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, if you right click (or ctrl click on a mac) on the picture in flickr, you will be given the option of choosing the medium or large size (I prefer the smallest medium size as the others are ginormous). Choose one of those and then right click on it again and you will see a few options including "copy image address". This is the "link" you need for it to show up on here. It has to end in a ".jpg". Does that help?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:33:57 AM  Show Profile
You used to be able to get that link directly from the photo in your photostream, but now you have to choose a size to get that option. I don't know why.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:38:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Siobhan. I found this message on Flickr while I was checking on that solution: "We understand that many people were using that link on message boards to show their images and we are working on a solution that will allow you to post using BBCode (standard message board code) that links back."

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Trouble posting photos stored on Flickr Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page