Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knitting and Crocheting for Charity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting and Crocheting for Charity Next Topic
Page: of 2

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  06:49:00 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I have seen the website and for other chapters as well across the country. We have tee-shirts with our chapter's name inscribed. I have actually contacted other chapters as well. I preferred the old logo we had because it was representative of all chapters across the country.

I am not that connected to making blankets as they are time consuming for me of time I never seem to have enough of and also use up a considerable amount of yarn to complete. Thus my total for a year stays at the minimum to keep me on the active list of members.

"Find your own Calcutta!" Mother Teresa

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  10:39:59 AM  Show Profile
I will check out the Michaels near me. This sounds like a great project for us farmgirls!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  09:06:16 AM  Show Profile
It's March and these days are perfect for marching into "SPRINGTIME FASHION CHEMO CAPS" because it's no fair letting Cancer steal away the beauty of the spring season by having to go for treatments like radiation and chemotherapy and surgery.

So here's a peek at a few of the Fashion Flair Chemo Caps that I'll be taking over today to the Cancer Clinic in my community. Instead of going to a large hospital, I selected to return to this particular clinic because it's a smaller clinic and doesn't get a lot of donations and my hubby, now a Cancer Survivor, was a patient here himself in 2008.

Let me assure everyone who is wondering about CHEMO CAPS..... they do make a big difference in the lives of Cancer patients. THe Coordinator of the Cancer Clinic where I take my hats calls me now when they are running low and says that the hats really brighten the hearts. When the person comes back for treatment, they are wearing their new hat and are also color-coordinating their wardrobe to match their hat!!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  5:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Where do I look to find information on the Farmgirl Philanthropy group hosted by Theresa that you speak of? Could someone help me please?
Rebecca

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  9:53:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rebecca,

All you have to do is look in this "STITCHING & Craft ROOM" headline and go page by page until you find it. You don't have far to go to find it. I am guessing that you are referring to my post.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:36:13 AM  Show Profile
I have just completed 10 squares for the Warm Up america project. No Michaels here, so I will be sending them to them directly.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:40:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Teresita. Yes, I did read about the group in your posting and I wondered if there was something I could do to help. I knit for my local knit shop, hats, and for those I hear of in need of care and comfort, but it is always nice to hear of other ways to help. Many thanks.
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  8:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! You are all such great inspirations, and like Teresita said, next time Theresa starts up a Farmgirl Philanthropy, participate! We made over 200 caps, and with more of you participating, the more we can make!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  9:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca,

Thanks for the lovely message!

I think there is always something we can do to make the world a little more caring and brighter. I know sometimes we can think of "charity" as something that doesn't pay off and just doesn't yield any profit.

But I would disagree whole-heartedly. The payoff is big time and it isn't in dollars and cents. It's the warm feeling that comes right back to you like a wave when you make lovely creations from your heart for a cause of your choice. Just think of the wave upon the shore..... it rolls in on the beach and then returns right back to the sea.

I know when I walk in to the Cancer Center with bags of hats that I'm delivering, the faces of the staff light up with million dollar smiles and I feel so happy the rest of the day and every time I think back on those smiles. The profit is priceless!

I deliver them in person because then I know for certain that they are really getting there. I've had 2 separate experiences with 2 yarn stores where the lovely creations that people made just sat there. So now I make my own deliveries and my own mailings when I need to mail. It's a good feeling knitting and crocheting for a more loving world. I figure we can all enjoy more love in our wonderful world.

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  9:35:09 PM  Show Profile
That next project for "Farmgirl Philanthropy" is going to be very special, especially if you love pets like I do! So be on the lookout for the start of the next project and come have fun brightening the world with love!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  03:07:14 AM  Show Profile
Teresita,
Well said Teresita, well said!
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  2:38:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm ready for it Teresita!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  10:01:57 AM  Show Profile
I guess you will have to contact Theresa B. and ask about the starting date for another project that she may have in mind and what that might be after all. That would be the best way to get the info.

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  07:23:35 AM  Show Profile
It's almost MAY..... just hours away..... and thought it would be perfectly wonderful...... in honor of MOMS around the world..... to add a special project that's filled with love because that's what being a Mom means to me and the love I receive from my mother.

So I have launched the new forum " KNIT 1 BLESS 2" right here in the STITCHING and CRAFTING ROOM for any of my Farmgirl Sisters who love stitching with love for a special cause.

I'm extra excited about "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" because it is being sponsored by that loved author, Debbie Macomber. Debbie, herself,is an avid knitter in her own right, and has authored many wonderful knitting books along with her own romance series that readers love.

I figured Debbie has given us sooooooooo much through the years that I could step up and share this wonderful project with our own Farmgirls here to enjoy along with me.

Come on over and visit the "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" Forum here. The deadline that Debbie has set is May 31st to receive any handmade items that are crocheted or knitted.

Last year (2010) Debbie received 2000 handmade items from her readers for the 3 charities that she selected as the recipients. This year (2011) Debbie is back again, promoting her new book, and ready to come to the aid of her favorite charirites with the hope of reaching her goal of 2500.

So let's see if we can help Debbie..... FARMGIRL STYLE!!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting and Crocheting for Charity Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page