Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  10:20:21 AM  Show Profile
(Shhhh! You don't know that I am here Just got some of the Chillover powder, it is great! I used on cup of hot water to dissolve it and then used a cup of frozen, sliced strawberrys for the other cup of liquid. It worked great. I am ready to try some of the other desserts, like the chocolate and cayenne one. hmmmmm?)

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  10:44:39 AM  Show Profile
I messed up my first attempt, but I subbed almond milk for something else, cuz I was out of it. It didn't gel, but -- being inventive, I made it into ice cream!!!! So, it all worked out. Will try again this week.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  4:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Is there a ChillOver recipe for plain old jello? I don't want to make the other desserts and I haven't seen how to use it for just jello-like colroful, flavorful gelatin.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  10:30:29 AM  Show Profile
I would just use juice to get the flavor you want.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  3:07:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
Here's the information that comes on the packages of ChillOver Powder:

There are two ways to prepare a ChillOver™—Soft-Set and Firm-Set.
The Soft-Set is too soft to unmold, however, it is the easiest presentation to make. It’s foolproof and quick. Directions: You’ll need 2 cups of your chosen liquid, sweetener to taste and 1 packet of ChillOver™ Powder (there are 4 packets in each pouch). Step 1: Bring 1 cup of liquid (with sweetener added, if desired) to a boil. Step 2: Reduce heat to medium, sprinkle and stir 1 packet (1 teaspoon) of ChillOver™ Powder into the liquid, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Step 3: Remove from heat, add the remaining 1 cup of liquid and pour into a serving dish. Step 4: Chill until set, about 2 hours, and serve.

The Firm-Set can be unmolded—tipped upside down for presentation. See MaryJane’s book, “MaryJane’s Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook For The Farmgirl In All Of Us” and issue #7 of the MaryJanesFarm magazine, “No Place Like Home,” for Firm-Set ChillOver™ ideas and recipes.

Hope this helps!
Carol
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  8:53:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the directions! I'm assuming the first one is for "jello"-like dessert? And when do you add the sweetener? The directions don't say when to do that.

My son won't eat jello (vegan) and has really not liked the fishy taste of agar gelatin before. But it's hard to find and I don't think all brands would be the same. So I'd really like to try the ChillOver powder if I think I can make basic "jello" out of it.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 26 2006 :  09:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Allison. I added sweetener to the liquid in the instructions above. That's how the instructions in the book are written.

Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Chill-over powder Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page