Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Good Friend's lost baby...such a sad day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Good Friend's lost baby...such a sad day Next Topic
Page: of 2

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  7:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni!! I did not know she was that far along! Nature knows what is best, & I truly believe that God knows......
I will keep you& Jus,(as cherished friends) & Mama & Papa in thoughts & prayers. I also have something to email you...
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  8:42:41 PM  Show Profile
So sorry, Jonni. I'll be thinking of them.
Go to Top of Page

katrina
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Katrina
The Dalles Oregon
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  06:25:32 AM  Show Profile
They'll be in my thoughts. Such a tough thing to go through.

www.WorkOfArtCreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  06:26:28 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry for your friends, I'll keep them in my thoughts, Carol

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad!
Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  09:20:12 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry. I hope they are able to move on and try agian.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  09:57:25 AM  Show Profile
That's so sad.

Sorry I';m late on this

Most likely wasn't meant to be and may have been worse off than expected.

I'm sure the child would have been loved unconditionally. But perhaps it was jsut too much for this tiny life.

And do know, as with my deceased sister and our friend's children, Downe's often have heart problems. This one may have been unable to have been detected fron in eutero.

Again. Prayes go out for the couple and you too for being a good friend.
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  4:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Jonni,
I am so sorry for your friend. This is such a difficult thing for them to go through. Our first child died during birth, complications of labor that went undiagnosed. Elizabeth weight 10 pounds and was 24 inches long, nothing wrong with her. All my hopes and dreams, it seemed like my whole life just ended so suddenly. People would say I know how you feel - most of them has no idea how I felt and I knew that.
People would say you can try again or I'm sure y'all will have other children. I felt that even if we did, they could not and would not replace Elizabeth. I know they were just trying to help but it really didn't. Just being there and letting me talk is what helped the most. I had a really hard time being around babies that would have been the age of Elizabeth for quite awhile. If I went to the market and parents were yelling at their children I could not stand it, I left my groceries more that once and walked out in tears. I would read stories in the news about people killing their new born babies, throwing them in the trash, or down the steps and I would wonder why can these people that don't want children have them and my husband and I that wanted her so badly could not. We did have another child just 13 months later, she was happy and healthy but when I went to the hospital to deliver I had a really hard time- been that far before only to come home empty handed.
Just be there for her and listen to her or even just sit quietly with her.
When our daughter was 2 we were hit head on by a drunk driver, the doctor said because of my injuries I probably could not get pregnant and if I did I would not be able to carry the baby. The doctor was right, I had 3 miscarriages.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  7:45:49 PM  Show Profile
CJ:
Your Jeremy is very handsome. His smile is beautiful.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  08:37:35 AM  Show Profile
Prayers sent for them and the baby. I am sorry for their loss.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  3:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jonni,
I will be praying for your friends . . and you . . .
It is a loss . . . and there will be grieving for that loss, no matter what.
It is HARD!!!!
I will be praying!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  06:36:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so very much...Kathy, that's what I've been wondering...as a friend, it's difficult to know what to say/do because you simply want to "fix it" and I know that I can't. Listening is the best thing...and again, I'll take my cues from her.

I can't imagine going to the hospital with the hopes and dreams for your child and leaving empty handed--it would devastate me. And yet, I know, like in your case, it happens more than we'd like to admit. Childbirth, though natural, really is traumatic and can be dangerous for both mother AND child...I can't imagine.

I wondered a lot this week if it would be too much for them to be around our Violet, so I'm glad you mentioned that it was difficult for you, Kathy...I would NEVER want to make her feel uncomfortable, or moreover, despondent, so I think we will just "play it by ear" and see what she needs from us.

Thank you all, so much, again for your words of support and kindness. She and Darren will need all the love they can get, even from afar.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  10:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
My mom worked with Down Syndrome kids a lot and she thought they were the neatest kids ever. They loved God so much and were always so sweet and caring. They glowed with a beautiful light! I'll be praying for your friends Jonni. I'm sure they were had picked by the lord to take care of this sweet baby and to love her like no other parent could.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Good Friend's lost baby...such a sad day Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page