Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello to all! New Gal on the Block!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello to all! New Gal on the Block! Next Topic  

Garden_Grandma
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Donna
Oregon Coast Oregon
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  2:47:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello All! My name is Donna,I am new to the forum, however I am familiar with all of you by listening to Heather, (Muttley)my granddaughter and Tammy,
(Garden_Artist)my daughter. I have learned about Mona's new baby calf, (wow that took a while), plus many other of you and what you are doing. I also had the opportunity to meet Julia V. from Reedsport, and her lovely daughter Emily.
We spend many hours here at the nursery, digging in the dirt, and planting/caring for God's Green Earth, however, I also enjoy reading God's Word,knitting,crocheting,canning,and spending time with my family(including extended church family).
I have 2 dogs, Kona(alaskan Malamute) and Maggie,(black Lab). I have 2 cats, Buttercup(Persian) and Midnight(Fat Black Cat). All of my animals are hand-me-downs.
I am partners with Tammy in the "Chicken Business", and may be going into the pig business with her, NOT TO BECOME FRIENDS WITH THE PIGS!(if you know what I mean)
I am happy to be a new addition to the Southern Oregon Coast Farmgirl Chapter!
I hope to meet all of you wonderful and kind ladies here on Mary Jane's.
Donna
AKA Garden_Grandma

1 Peter 4:8 Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins and forgives and disregards the offenses of others.

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
74 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  2:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Did I beat Heather? She always jumps on MJF faster than I. I just wanted to welcome you mom. You will love all the ladies here and really enjoy their conversations. I am happy you join it'll be one more thing we get to enjoy together, besides my farmgirl roots come straight from you.

Tammy

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  2:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Hi Grandma! Oh man! Mum beat me!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH! o hWell! I am so happy you are on the forum now! And I just thought I would get the ball rolling on the posts, but seeing as mum has beat me to it..hehe!
Well, another Welcome to you! I am so excited! Now the 3 of us can go on MJ meetings and stuff! YAY!
I love you!
Heather

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet." -Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

Garden_Grandma
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Donna
Oregon Coast Oregon
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  3:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey, you two get back to work. Now I know why the todo list never gets done, hehe. just kidding. Love ya

1 Peter 4:8 Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins and forgives and disregards the offenses of others.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  3:26:27 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME GARDEN GRANDMA DONNA,
Your girls are right you will like it here, after awhile you feel like you have to get on the site to see what happened to who ever and what they ended up doing, and etc,etc,I find myself thinking about people I don't really know, but feel like I do. Anyway look for you to be around the site, great place to get new ideas.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  4:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Donna! How nice is this- we have 3 generations all sharing their talent and expertise with us!! I don't blame you about not wanting to get attached to the pigs. I saw 'Babe' and couldn't eat bacon for months!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  5:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Well, welcome Donna from Mona and me! I am glad you are here. How fun to have so many members of your family here!! I love it!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  5:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Glad to have you in the family, Donna!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  7:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Donna -

It is great to have another Oregon Farmgirl on the Forum. I haven't met Tammy or Heather, but Tammy and I have been exchanging e-mails alot since we split up the Oregon group into the North and South. Julia V. is sweet, met her and her daughter at the first Oregon Farmgirl meeting. It is wonderful to see 3 generations sharing a common interest and belief. You will really like the forum, so many nice and thoughtful women/girls on this site. Again welcome from one of the Northern Oregon Farmgirls.

Anne in Portland

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  8:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Donna!!! Glad you're here with us!

Visit my online shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/therusticcottage/
Go to Top of Page

Garden_Grandma
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Donna
Oregon Coast Oregon
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  10:00:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I love being in Oregon again, and in a small community (never was a city girl) and look forward to getting to know you all, and your interests. I enjoy working with my daughter and granddaughter. We have become great friends. It is fun to have many of the same interests, both at work and at home. We hope do more canning of fruit and veggies this year, and are growing some good flavorful tomatoes for that job. I have some new recipes using honey instead of sugar that I want to try this year. We will let you know about our success. God is watering today so we can get caught up on our paper work, (not that it every really get caught up) so that is what I am doing today. Thanks again for the welcome. God Bless you all.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  10:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Donna-glad to have you join us all here. You will love it!!!!! :)

Enjoy!
Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  10:19:44 AM  Show Profile
I'm adding my welcome! I love your signature line, by the way. I need to read it often!

What fun that you are the third--generation woman in your family to join the forum. Do let us know how the recipes with honey turn out. I'm always on the lookout for them.

Blessings and a hug,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  11:53:48 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME donna to the farmyard! hopin' to hear lots from you! is the weather in oregon still COOL? sunny and summery here in Kentucky .. cool crisp nights .. just like i love it! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  3:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Donna,

Welcome. Glad to have you on board.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  4:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Well Gram, I am happy to see that tehse wonderful ladies are making you feel welcome! I knew they would!: )
I am so happy you joined Gramma! I just cant say it enough!YAY! Hahahah! I love you! See you in a sec, I am going in the other room for something to eat! HAHA!(evil laugh)
Love you!
Heather

Go to Top of Page

Garden_Grandma
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Donna
Oregon Coast Oregon
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  4:16:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,
The weather here in Oregon is liquid sunshine, but that okay because I don't have to water. Have a great day.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  4:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Donna - my daughter posts here too, and is that not a great feeling? I hope you find lots of fun, love and great info here. We all have!

Ephesians 1:17-18

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  07:43:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Donna - that is so neat that both your daughter and grand-daughter post here, too! How fun! I know you'll just love these ladies. Enjoy!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - May 26 2006 :  4:56:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Garen Grandma,

I love your login name. And the fact that you are joining in and will also be joining your daughter and granddaughter. How cool is that? What a fun way to celebrate being a farmgirl. You are not only a farmgirl at heart, it's in your blood and has been passed down. This will be a great place for you all to nurture that spirit.

So glad you are among us, this truly is family for you. Can't wait to learn from all your gardening experience. I love to garden, but don't know anything "technical" except to dig a hole, put it in the ground, water it, weed it and wait for God to grow it. That's my approach to gardening, don't know much else about feeding and fertilizing. So it will be fun to get to know you.

God bless you and your family connections and your green thumb as you grow together being farmgirls.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  2:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Gee Sorry it has been so long! I havent checked MJ in like weeks! So HI GRANDMA!!!! hehe! Well In am glad you are getting to know the gals on here! I love you and will see you when you get back!
Heather
"HB"

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello to all! New Gal on the Block! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page