Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Making Re-usable Bags from plastic bags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Making Re-usable Bags from plastic bags Next Topic  

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  09:21:02 AM  Show Profile
I'm sure I saw a thread about this somewhere on this site, but can't find it now. Does anyone know how to crochet, knit or weave the plastic bags from stores into attractive totes? I saw some really nice ones last weekend at a nature garden gift shop. They used Kroger bags and they came out a nice tan and the blue printing looked like dots - very attractive. How do you attach the bags without big lumps where they are knotted together? I'd really like to weave them, but I'm not sure how to make good, sturdy handles. Any ideas?

Judy

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  09:45:03 AM  Show Profile
http://users.frii.com/sos/Bag/MarketBag.html

This is a pretty good explanation. They are kind of fun to make. Although hubby just informed me that I had to quit using my "green" bags for a little while so I can get a small stash for his around the house projects built back up. I figure... at least he is recycling, even if it is to pick up the dog's yard.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

MerryHeartSister
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Christy
Tuscaloosa Alabama
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  1:28:24 PM  Show Profile
http://www.myrecycledbags.com/

This is a fantastic website with lots of ideas for "plarn" projects.
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  3:27:50 PM  Show Profile
Christy and Angie,

Thanks for sharing. Both sites are very helpful. I understand how to connect them now. I like that term "plarn" used on the second site.

Judy

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Making Re-usable Bags from plastic bags Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page