Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Do you have cell phone coverage in your area?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you have cell phone coverage in your area? Next Topic  

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  2:32:54 PM  Show Profile
Our cell phone coverage in this area is extremely poor. I would appreciate knowing what kind of cell service others have, good or bad and their location.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  3:16:09 PM  Show Profile
We have T-Mobile. And have for 15 years and haven't had any problems. Hope you can find one that works where you are.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  3:18:10 PM  Show Profile
I have excellant cell coverage here, I use Verizon, and I know that most other companies are real iffy here, if they work at all. I live in the high desert of Southern California, at 3800 ft elevation.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

FG Vicki
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Vicki M
Etna CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  3:31:48 PM  Show Profile
We have Verizon as well, but have no service at our home.. It's close though and besides I like not having a phone at home !!!!! I'm thinking that we should get homing pigeons :)

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything"
Vincent van Gogh
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  3:52:37 PM  Show Profile
A local phone company won't let other providers put up cell towers but yet they will not put any in our area either. We have had several different providers's phones and even the local phone company's but we do not have any signal around our house or almost all the way to the nearest town where we shop and pick up feed. When we are watching the TV and see people in the mountains and out in the middle of nowhere fishing and hunting calling out on their cell phones, we just look at each other in disbelief. The sad thing is that we are stockholders of this local company and have a landline that is laying on the top of the ground for 1/8 mile down beside the highway to the neighbor's land. He cut it apart when mowing just last week and today he is hauling big bales of hay across it to stack his hay for winter, we have been just waiting on the line to go dead again.
I hope others will continue to give me feed back about your area and the cell phone coverage.

Thanks
Sarita
I hate to complain and wanted to be sure that I had a reason to complain. I know many of you live out in very rural areas too. I really appreciate your response.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  3:55:21 PM  Show Profile
...we use Consumer Cellular... you could call them and see if they do have coverage?

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  3:56:20 PM  Show Profile
We have Verizon out here and it over rides just about everyone. The coverage has always been excellent. Any other company is very iffy as we are in Verizons main hub.
I am surprised that Verizon doesn't work in your area too.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  6:46:06 PM  Show Profile
When we first moved way out here to the outback we had Sprint. It stopped about halfway here. So we changed to Verizon and up til last year we could talk on the cell phone out in the yard IF we stood in a certain spot and didn't move AND it was a little cloudy AND we stood on one foot and held our right hand in the air. Then we finally got a tower out here! We live in a valley. The tower is on Lookout MT behind us. We can see it from here. Now we can talk inside!! And on all the little back roads. It's great. I have to have a home phone to get internet but I just have the basic package and cannot call out.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  10:15:05 PM  Show Profile
We have AT&T and it works great couse the new tower they put up last year is less than 1/2 mile from us. I love it, but if you head south there's no signal.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  07:08:44 AM  Show Profile
We have Verizon, my whole family does so we can talk for free anytime. I do lose service for a minute when driving through one town in a valley but ALL cellphones lose service in that spot. I've had Verizon for many years and have never had a problem.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  2:08:37 PM  Show Profile
We also have Verizon but the reception here at home isn't very good. It's not just Verizon though. Folks have come here to visit with AT&T and T-Mobile and their reception is pretty stinky too. I wish it were better. Hubby likes when I take my horse down the street for me to also take my phone in case something happened, but it's hit or miss if it would actually work.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  4:30:00 PM  Show Profile
I called Verizon one day to inquire about high speed internet and cell phone service in our home. When the guy did the GPS thing that they do to check for availability he came back and actually started to laugh. He told me the only way that we'd ever have high speed internet or cell phone service is if a whole bunch more people moved into our area. WELL I DON'T WANT THAT! So we'll just have to drive three miles away to a hilltop to use hubbies cellphone and I'll just have to live with dialup. That's ok by me.
Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  5:07:37 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, don't feel like the lone ranger, as far as internet goes, I am dial-up and I'm sure I will always be,lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  6:47:02 PM  Show Profile
We have verizon but living in the country our reception is not always good. But they are putting up more towers and when away from home we have great coverage.

blessing
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  8:39:00 PM  Show Profile
We have Sprint, it works pretty well. Verizon did not work here when we moved here three years ago so we had to switch.

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  5:21:42 PM  Show Profile
I appreciate all your feedback. I know that they will not put up any towers in our area anytime soon. Our neighbors to the north of us are under a another phone company and they have better services, wish they were our provider.

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  6:10:03 PM  Show Profile
We have Verizon here. It's pretty good, we have a big water tower right in line with our house and I think it screws it up sometimes. I also have dial up. We live 1800 ft off the road, so the cable company said we would have to have another house for them to have it be worth their while.(we already have two here, mine and the rental that was my Mom and Dad's)Yes sir, I will just run right out there and build another one, not!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  7:14:58 PM  Show Profile
We have Wild Blue here. It's okay, but it's all I can get!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  12:21:51 PM  Show Profile
We are on American Broadband and Telecommunications. We have unlimited calling in our area code, 1 free hour a month outside our area code, dial-up, caller id, call waiting etc. for around $64.00 a month. You can pay your bill by debit car and if your friends switch over and they mention your name, you get a free month. I've been very happy with them. Don't know how far their range is though.

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you have cell phone coverage in your area? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page