farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  11:56:48 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone on here does finishing work? I have 4 quilt tops 3 of them are vintage that need to be finished. I do not want them finished to sell I want then to use. I have tried my hand at quilting but it is just not my thing. I become way too frustrated:) I have all of the material and batting to finish them. Most are full size I think. The local quilt shop has a lady who does it but we are talking about a 2 year waiting list!!! If anyone is interested or does this please email me so we can talk specifics. Thank you:)

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

http//:farmallgrl.blogspot.com/

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  1:30:17 PM  Show Profile
By machine or by hand?

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  6:20:33 PM  Show Profile
Machine. most of the tops are done by machine, even the vintage ones. they are just vintage material.

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

http//:farmallgrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  7:57:25 PM  Show Profile
I restore Vintage Quilts-

My last commission was a Vintage Queen size Sunshine and Shadow---the diamonds were 1-1/2 inches and I know there were well over a thousand of these babies--Whew! Took me a while to finish it but when it was complete it was DARLING. I only hand quilt and have a Hinterburg quilting frame my DH bought me for Christmas 10-years ago that I set up in the parlor.

I am always looking for vintage tops and not to0 very long ago completed a little double wedding ring from Texas that was pieced back in the 30's I have a photo posted on my blog...the site is listed below www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com

Lets talk!!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com

Edited by - melody on Jul 18 2010 8:13:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  9:04:26 PM  Show Profile
I just bought a new long arm quilting machine I know it won't be 2 years but it will take some time to learn how to do it.

I found a lady in my area and there are always some one that is associated with a quilt shop that will do them I usually paid about 130 to 150 for a full/queen.
Call your local fabric shops they might help.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  9:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Angela, in our area, there are churchs, that do it, actually the ladies groups. They use the money for fund raising. You might call around for churches that quilt. Just a thought! My MIL church use to do it. now all the ladies have passed, and she cant see good enough. I have 3 they have done and only charged 75.00 to do them and this was 4 years ago. I believe hand stitchin is becoming a lost art. Good Luck! Linda Farmgirl# 946
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  4:49:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angela, I know someone who does a beautiful job with her long arm machine , if yore interested e-mail me and i can hook you two up. the only problem is we live in northern maine. let me know cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  12:44:29 PM  Show Profile
Angela~ I can do it for you if you would like. I have a business Especially For You and thats what I do, finishing, new construction, t-shirt quilts, baby quilts and machine quilting. Send me an e-mail if you would like some price qotes.

Thanks,
Tina Farmgirl #455
Go to Top of Page

coloradocindy
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Cindy
Bayfield CO
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  09:05:21 AM  Show Profile
I do machine quilting. Nothing fancy but functional. I would like to see a picture of your quilt tops to know what kind of quilting they would need. Send an email to me and we can talk.

Cindy

From the beautiful mountains of Southwest Colorado
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  8:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Angela
I had vintage quilt tops that I thought I would do myself but never had the time to do. I found a Mennonite lady to do my hand quilting. She has done 8 quilts for me and they are gorgeous. I still have more for her to do. I am so pleased with her work and now I finally have heirloms to give my family instead of a chest full of unfinished pieces. I just got a catalog from our community college and this time I am going to take their quilting class. Email me if you want more info.

Sister #1922
Blessings,
Darlene
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Quilters? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page