Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Maybe We Found Our Hobby Farm, Again!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Maybe We Found Our Hobby Farm, Again! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  08:24:47 AM  Show Profile
Alee, if we buy it...we are going to try to restore it somewhat. Maybe make it into a summer kitchen/storage area. It will have to be disassembled and moved and right now it is dangerous and overgrown. It will be easier in the fall or winter to get a better look at it. My DH says the main part of the house is sound. They even left some ancient furniture in it!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  6:19:38 PM  Show Profile
Diane, it sounds beautiful there. And the cabin would be so neat to restore. But I would wait for sure til fall or winter. Too many snakes right now hiding out. There must have been thousands of dairies up there at one time. There must have been one on every property. I hope ya'll are able to get it. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  05:10:25 AM  Show Profile
oh how wondwerful!!!
I will be praying for you.

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  10:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! That is amazing! What a find!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  11:02:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey Diane. Did ya'll ever get that land? I have just been wondering about it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  5:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Update on our search for the "farm". Tomorrow, we are looking at another one. It has 40 acres and a stream! About 1/3 hardwoods and the rest is pasture land. There is a cute farmhouse, a large shop, a garage and a pump house with a working windmill! There are renters currently living in the house. If we like it, we are putting an offer in right away. We will probably keep the tenants until spring of 2011 and then the big move! It is in Jackson County, WI, pretty near Black River Falls. Keep your fingers and toes crossed! As for the first one we looked at...the realtor called and said the bank is really wanting to unload. I think this new one is better and more land!

farmgirl sister #922

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Sep 03 2010 5:49:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  10:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update. Will pray that all works out for the best.
It's so exciting!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  3:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Diane, it sounds really nice. And good idea to keep the renters til you are ready to move. They can be paying some on the mortgage. I can't wait to hear more about it now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  4:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Keep us posted this may be it. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  9:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Good luck with the hunt! My DH and I are also looking, boy what a roller coaster of emotions you go through! First you have to envision yourselves living there, then you have to step back and un-attach yourself when whatever doesn't work out on it! Then startt he process all over again. I hope this is the "one".

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  06:22:26 AM  Show Profile
Update...We really like it! The farm house is solid, good foundation and roof. Pretty ugly inside, lots of shag carpet and cheap paneling. I don't mind because underneath is good old plaster and pine floors! We love the land, lots of hardwoods and the fields are currently rented to an organic farmer. One big problem...it needs a new septic. We are getting a quote from a local septic company. Probably making an offer in the next couple of days. Wish us luck!

farmgirl sister #922

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  1:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Diane! I hope it works out for you. Please don't think I am being a downer here! But, is the electric and furnace and water and all that good? The fixing up the inside you will probably have a lot of fun with and make it just like you want it to be! It's just sometimes when there is one big thing wrong there is more. I just am being silly probably. I so hope it turns out to be your dream home.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  1:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane, I don't think you are a downer! The well water is good, the electric is updated and the furnace has two options...wood and propane. We checked that stuff first. Just a little bummed about the septic, but we are going to make an offer for a little more than asking with the stipulation that the owner replace the septic before closing. Thanks for your input.

farmgirl sister #922

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  2:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Diane- I am so excited for you! I hope you get it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  2:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Before you put your name on the dotted line get a home inspection it will cost you about $250.00 but I know from experence it is worth the cost. Homes are moving slow so home inspectors are doing a very sure job about every thing. What is good about them is they know all the rules as well. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  5:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Diane, I should of known you would be careful as can be!! It really does sound like it could be a wonderful place. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  2:31:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh how exciting! I'm sure they'll think your offer is more than fair. And when you've moved in you'll have to keep us up to date on the renovations and uncovering that wonderful plaster and those pine floors. Yummy!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  2:45:12 PM  Show Profile
You know how you just get a feeling about a place? I don't have it with this recent one. We are not jumping on the first one we see. We have found many, but would like to buy when it is closer to DH retiring. Another issue is Janesville closed GM and we have about 800 forclosed homes right now, not a good time to sell. If we do find "the one" we will buy and carry two mortgages until we can sell. I just need to get "the feeling". We will keep looking.

farmgirl sister #922

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Maybe We Found Our Hobby Farm, Again! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page