Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 have a question about young cultavators
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic have a question about young cultavators Next Topic  

christmasgal
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Rose
The Dalles oregon
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  4:29:05 PM  Show Profile
need to know if young cultavators have to pay a yearly fee . i am a member of the sisterhood and would like to get my three granddaughters that are ages 8,9, and 12 involved in the young cultavators group, can they join for free? thanks gals...rose

"Life is'nt about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain" sister #1486

Kevin
Video/Merit Badge Farm Boy

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  10:00:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rose,

All that Young Cultivators need to get started is a Sisterhood member to mentor them. Young Cultivators can be girls or boys between the ages of 6 - 13. Farmerettes are girls between the ages of 14 - 18 and they don't have to pay a fee either. Also Young Cultivators have their own set of badges whereas Farmerettes can work on the same badges as Sisterhood members. Please let me know if you have any other questions, and have fun earning badges.

-Kevin

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

christmasgal
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Rose
The Dalles oregon
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  3:10:56 PM  Show Profile
thanks kevin, this is so exciting, where do i submit their names. rose

"Life is'nt about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain" sister #1486
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  3:51:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rose,

You can find the Young Cultivator merit badge application page here:

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-sisterhood/merit-badge-applications.asp?Action=Cultivators

Also we do have Farmerette and Young Cultivator membership badges for sale. They're pretty cool but aren't required to be a Farmerette or YCer, you can find those here:

http://shop.maryjanesfarm.org/store/c/57-Farmgirl-Sisterhood.aspx

Hope that helps!

-Kevin

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

christmasgal
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Rose
The Dalles oregon
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  1:12:35 PM  Show Profile
i also need to know on the application, do i put the young cultavators city and address or my city and address.. thanks for all the help kevin... rose

Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  1:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rose,

You're very welcome. It would probably be best to put your address since you're the Sisterhood member.

-Kevin

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic have a question about young cultavators Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page