TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  11:27:13 AM  Show Profile
I really wish last summer when I was creating my garden path, that I put down some sort of weed fabric before I covered the path with pea gravel. My daughter says she can't tell the difference between the garden and the path. Ha. Ha.

I really wish that I pulled that needle out of the bias tape before I backstitched over it, forever breaking my sewing machine. It only stitches "backwards". Not too easy now to do a straight seam!

I really wish that I had bought that cast iron skillet I saw at a garge sale. I meant to. I just wanted to look around a little first, and not have to hold something so cumbersome. Of course it was gone when I went back over to where it used to be.

I can't be the only one with such wonderful hindsight... What about you? Have a light hearted story of regret?? Please share!!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  11:41:47 AM  Show Profile
I wish I had never started composting in the backyard which contained morning glory from the front yard.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  7:11:21 PM  Show Profile
I wish I would have purchased at least 2 more of the raised garden bed I have. It is 4' X 8' and I got it for a steal at Sams club- only $37! When I realized I wanted more and more I went online to the company website and it was over $80 for the same thing... ahhhh yes- hindsight really is 20/20

I wish I didnt bother starting so many seeds indoors this past winter, as it seems the ones that I planted straight in the ground are doing just as good if not better than the ones I so lovingly tended in my basement with a flouresent grow light on for 2 months! HA
Smiles and hugs my dear friend Teresa,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister #1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  7:28:18 PM  Show Profile
I too wish that I had put down weed fabric before I put down my pavers in my garden....after battling weeds growing along the sides everywhere for the past 3 months...the kids and I are pulling them all up and starting over...doing it right! (sigh)

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  7:43:45 PM  Show Profile
I wish I had purchased the beautiful antique oak 4' pews that I saw at the antique store even though I didn't know where I'd put them. When I went back a couple of days later, they were gone. I wish I had married my current husband first instead of third.
Go to Top of Page

DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  8:26:46 PM  Show Profile
I wish I hadn't loaned ALL my MJF magazines to my friend. There's info I need from a couple of them now and I don't have them to reference. I hate to keep bugging her to look something up for me.
Note to Susan in TX: It takes a couple sifts of sand to find the one gold nugget. I too am with hubby #3 & he's a rare gem....or gold nugget!

Lyn
Farmgirl Sister #1574
Mid-Michigan Farmgirl Chapter
http://simplelifeseeker.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  8:32:56 PM  Show Profile
I wish I would have listened to my mother when she said "don't buy the one step stain and varnish" for the loft bed project we are currently undertaking for the boys. Because after all our hard work staining with the one step/all in one stuff, it looked TERRIBLE and we had to strip everything off and are now starting over. I have made good friends with a belt sander today!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  06:09:59 AM  Show Profile
i wish i would have listen and learned more from my grandma

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  07:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I wish I would have had babies earlier in our marrage. I am so happy with the one we have. But wished I would have done it sooner and had more. I can't now.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  09:14:30 AM  Show Profile
I wish I had never asked my husband to look at my sewing machine instead of taking it to the repair man.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  09:32:10 AM  Show Profile
I wish I had wrote these lesson plans for church retreat last winter , rather than waiting until 3 days before we leave!
Rebecca

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  2:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Garden path advice. I haven't tried it but have heard the boiling water is a great temporary solution to weeds growing through! Not at all toxic to man nor beast, but just be careful!

I too wish I'd started having kids at a younger age. I have 3 who are turning out great and was too old to keep on having more.

I almost wish I'd taken the advice to not move into a house you are building until its done. We've lived in an "unfinished house for close to 30 years now. But truth be told, I'd rather be here in the country, finished or not, than in town.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hindsight is 20/20 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page