Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Farm Gal Seeking Vintage Aprons/Bib Aprons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Farm Gal Seeking Vintage Aprons/Bib Aprons Next Topic  

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  12:27:53 PM  Show Profile
I will not feel like a true farmgal till I have some vintage Mrs. Walton Bib aprons or regular aprons - does anyone have one to spare - I can send you some seeds or many of the other things I have about - I also have some vintage baby cards from christenings etc with lovely illustrations of babies on them.

I am sure we can work something out!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  2:30:19 PM  Show Profile
I have some vintage aprons, but I am embarassed to admit I love them so it is hard to let them go! However, go to Ebay, girl. They are there and prolific, and beautiful and not too expensive!!! If you cannot find any there or afford any, post here again, and I will look through mine to see which one I would not miss too much! You must have one!

P.S. I do have one from the mid 1980's that I will send you if you are interested! I love it but have never worn it. It is not what one would call "vintage" from the 50's but it is twenty years old and very practical. It is a bib type, deep red, with a cane sugar logo on the pocket and bib.
Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on May 19 2006 2:33:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  9:40:14 PM  Show Profile
That would be wonderful it you could part with it - email me and I will send you my addy and postage and lets see what I have I can send to you :)

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  10:04:29 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps someone has a vintage apron pattern they would consider trading for if not an apron? I remember in highschool one of the first things we made in sewing class were aprons with rickrack trim, I sure wish I had saved mine

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  2:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Kathy - for some reason my computer will not let me email folks from this site! But they can email me! Please email me with info and I will send you the apron. Every farmgirl shoud have several, and I want to send you this one! Hope to hear from you soon!

By the way, I have 3 rickrack/checked aprons from high school home economics class. Two are red, and one is orange! Would you rather have one of those? They are half aprons.

Jeannie

Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on May 20 2006 2:53:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  3:37:03 PM  Show Profile
miz kathy .. and all you other farmgirls .. i have about 20 or 30 vintage aprons in my booth at glovers' station antiques mall .. i think they are priced from about ten to fifteen dollars .. many are made from olde feed sacks .. and there are lots of other dealers that have them too!

you might want to think about being on my 'treasure seekers' list .. as i often offer up lots of goodies for adoption. i don't do lots of 'swaps' anymore cuz' i have a thirty year collection of 'wonderfuls' to release already .. i'm TRYING to only purchase or swap for VERY UNUSUAL and VERY OLDE primitive pieces now.

i also have about 30 of the most adorable vintage feedsack (ORIGINAL) .. not newly made .. sun bonnets .. they are priced between $8. and $10.

i probably won't be listing treasures until we return from DisneyWorld mid-June.

a farmgirl can't have too many aprons! (i've kept the very olde homespun check ones for me).

p.s. if you wanna' be on my Treasure Seekers list .. just e-mail me with your first and last name and your e-mail address in the body of your e-mail .. and i'll surely be happy to add you! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Farm Gal Seeking Vintage Aprons/Bib Aprons Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page