dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  07:16:14 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone out there feel as restless as I am feeling lately? I can not put my finger on exactly why I do, and I feel silly really, because I have so much good in my life, but I feel......antsy. Please let me know that I'm not alone.....

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  07:45:35 AM  Show Profile
Is there a decision in your life you have to make and haven't yet? Maybe you need a fun project to focus on. I've felt that way too and didn't know why, just seemed like something was in the air. I guess sometimes it's anticipating something but you're not sure what. Can't be much help, but yeah, I've been there too.
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  08:07:30 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm very UNhappy at my workplace, very HAPPY with my home life. At least with the man that moved in with me in February. My 25 year old son still lives with me and is currently unemployed.......... but that's another story (but also part of why I feel the need to run away)Actually I didn't believe that I would ever live with anyone again, and then I found this man and I am so in love.

Sorry, I seemed to have lost touch with all my girlfriends and have no one to talk to really. My mom is gone and my daughter has her own life.

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  08:59:25 AM  Show Profile
georgette .. life has it's valleys and it's mountaintops .. and i don't think we can appreciate either of them if we have not spent time in both places. jan has great advice .. do a little soul-searching .. and also be gentle with yourself and let some time pass .. pamper yourself when you are feeling the 'blues'. and talk POSITIVELY to yourself at these times too. find an adventure .. and i adore this little saying i read years ago:

whenever you're blue
find something to do
for somebody else
who is sadder than you.

you've got lots friends here in maryjane's yard! xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  09:30:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Frannie. My moms name was Frances but I can't remember anyone ever calling her Frannie. Is your name Frances? God, I miss her so much. She has been gone for 15 years now, and still miss her. I hear what you are saying and I know you are right, but man is it hard to be in this valley when I don't even know exactly what is missing in my life. One thing I know for sure, I am very impatient. (one of my many downfalls) But it lifted my spirits just having someone reply. So thank you again.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  10:05:33 AM  Show Profile
Georgette,
You are definately not alone. I am so restless and antsy these days. So ready for something and feeling like something will happen and lots is happening and this year is going so fast. I have tons to be thankful for but there is still more I want and a few things I am ready to move on from even though they aren't bad things-just things I've outgrown. Restless and antsy for sure! Spring generally does this for me and it is such a wonderful time for change and soul searching and planting new seeds to grow. :)
Comfort and joy to you!
Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  11:15:06 AM  Show Profile
Ellen, I have never had so many positive energy coming at me since I joined this Farmgirl forum. This is just what I have been needing, positive feed back from WOMEN..........

Thank you ........you are an angel.

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  8:26:54 PM  Show Profile
Georgette you are not alone - I lost my dad in 1993, my mom 5 yrs later and my sister at age 51 five years after my mom. Death takes an awful toll on you both emotionally and physically. Sometimes it may feel like you are never going to stop greiving - my dad will be gone 13 yrs in July and it feels like yesterday - I miss him the most.
Don't be so hard on yourself either - I think as women we all think we have to be productive 24/7 and always providing comfort for other people. When we do this we neglect to care for our own souls. I am very guilty of this and with Fibromyalgia, I suffer the consequences every time I get a relapse from overdoing things.
So...my suggestion is to make some time for Georgette - hey you remember her? Find a special place where you can be alone - I have a little one room cabin I go to. I have a special "altar" where I put things that are special to me and I light a few candles and burn some incense and just stop thinking for a brief time. Relax, read a few chapters of a book - or just look at pictures in magazines.
Remember, you have people who care about you - and if you need to talk - heck, just email me - I am a good listener. I just finished a wonderful positive book called Grow Your Goddess by Charlene Proctor - you might like it!
Blessed Be!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  10:37:35 PM  Show Profile
georgette .. what a lovely name ... were you named after someone special?

my birth name is: frances catherine stevens .. my family called me frances when i was little .. then with school i became "fran" .. through my first husband (who is a darling by the way!) .. not sure who started 'frannie' first .. (maybe it was ME!) .. but i've been frannie now for most of my life .. and even my family now calls me that.

and chilluns .. my belief is that "the blues" do not always come because of something that is 'missing' in our lives .. or even 'amiss' in our lives. i honestly believe that our lives, spirits, 'vibrations' or emotional beings (call it whatever is most important to you) .. just truly have a rhythym like the waves in the ocean .. it is all part of life .. and i know it does not feel good when we are being tossed about not sure where we will land or if we will come up for air again .. and .. too .. there are those 'sharks' (some real .. some imaginary) in the water that scare us so!

there are so many great books available today that can help us find our way out of the darkness and shadows .. there are wonderful 'techniques' and ways of 'searching' that we can learn from them. and i honestly, honestly believe that those of us who do go through these times .. and seek .. learn much about ourselves and come out much wiser when we hit the land again and are standing strongly.

keep a journal of your feelings .. visit it often .. and look for patterns. don't worry about WHAT to write .. just WRITE .. let your intuitive brain just pour whatever comes to mind onto paper. xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  03:48:38 AM  Show Profile
You all put thoughts into words so beautifully.......I have so many words floating around in my head but they never seem to make sense once I've said them out loud. So many beautiful and encouraging thoughts from women I don't even know. Guess all my life I've felt pretty worthless and didn't deserve anything "good"......... My first (and only) husband, while he has his faults, is also a dear Frannie. We just didn't make a good mixture. We did produce three wonderful children. Also with their faults, but I would lay down and die for them if I thought it would benefit them. Two of them just need to grow up some more. My daughter is the light of my life.

Probably part of my problem is the fact that a man that I met (online) moved in with me in February and I haven't lived with anyone since 1987, so it is a big adjustment for me. I don't seem to ever get any time to myself. But I don't regret him moving in with me for a single second. He is the love of my life.

So many more thoughts but I have trouble getting them out, especially when the household is waking up.

Thank you again, everyone! I love you all. Georgette

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  06:15:34 AM  Show Profile
I think being restless, at least for me, usually means that there is something I'm still waiting for that I want or need. I get like this very often BECAUSE I so despretly want my little farm. When the fear of it never coming is really strong, I get really restless. I then (works for me) PRAY alot and I go out into nature. I can't handle it myself so I hand it over, go outside and enjoy nature. I try to remind myself that God knows what I need and with faith, I'll get my little farm! It can take over my whole life if I let it so I also remind myself how blessed I am now. Timing is everything and it will come when it's supposed too.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  06:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Also, everything I do, is working towards the goal of getting my farm. Even if it's one little thing, it's something everyday towards that goal. It helps.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  06:42:06 AM  Show Profile
I hear what you are saying Michele, but these days I am feeling so old, and I feel that I'm running out of time to do some of the things that I want to do. And my partner is 65.....

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  3:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Georgette, I've felt that pressed-upon feeling and let it bring me way down. It's a truth that there's a time for opportunities to close... for me it was the ablilty to have a child (I'm 52, had a lot of complications and a hysterectomy at 40), and at times the loss seemed beyond dealing with. If you want to hear more, email me and I'll give details and the way I was able to get free. Meanwhile, I'm praying for you. If you don't have joy, you can't manufacture it... although, ;) I've read that if you smile, it actually does make you feel more cheerful after a while.
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  03:08:41 AM  Show Profile
Ann, I don't seem to have the words to say how I am feeling for your sadness........sometimes words aren't enough, a nice gentle hug says more. But...... having said that, I would love to hear more, but I am still fairly new to this and I don't know how to email you.

Georgette

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  05:26:44 AM  Show Profile
Georgette, I just emailed you--to make it easy for you to email :) but you can click on the persons username (dragonfly, for example) and their "profile" comes up with an email option, done through this site, so no one is giving out their actual email address for safety purposes.
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic RESTLESSNESS Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page