True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  08:54:54 AM  Show Profile
Ok gals,

I need some help. I've asked everyone I know if they know what book I am describing and no one knows. I've been searching for the title of this children’s book for about 3 months, so I thought I'd give you all a try.

When I was in elementary school, I attended a small rural school and that school had the best librarian eva! She read this lost title book to us often and I'd like to have it for my children.

The description is as follows: There is a woman who works for a wealthy woman who has 2 sons. The "maid" (we'll call her, don’t know if that is what she really was) also has 2 sons. The wealthy woman lets her boys eat whatever they want and orders the maid to make them whatever they'd like, so the boys end up eating a lot of junk food. The maid makes bread toward the end of her shift at work, but she does not wash her hands. She leaves the left over dough on her hands, goes home and makes her two boys a soup with what she has left over from the wealthy house. The wealthy woman sees the maid’s children and demands to know how they are so healthy. The maid is forced to tell her that she is not washing her hands and takes the scraps home to feed her children. I can't remember what happened in the end.

It has been so long since I've actually heard the story; some of the details could be off a little bit. I'm sure you can see why I'd like to read this book to my 3 small boys...lol.

Thanks for looking; I hope you all know what book I'm talking about:)

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  05:40:22 AM  Show Profile
Wish I could help, it sounds like a book I'd love to read to my kids!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  10:05:51 AM  Show Profile
..do you recall if it may have been a "Little Golden" books?
..if you think it might be.. maybe this would help ????

http://www.thesantis.com/phpBB3/index.php

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2010 :  05:25:15 AM  Show Profile
Karrieann,

Sorry it took me so long to reply. B-I-G weekend here. I do not think it was a "Little Golden" book, but it never hurts to look! Thank you for the great link. I hope it was "L.G" and I'll find it!

Hope you all had a great 4th of July:)

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Name this book! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page