True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  6:41:24 PM  Show Profile
http://www.countrynmore.com/neck-coolers-68/

Country N' More has been making neck coolers for over 14 years now. We have one of the largest selections of neck coolers. Our popular neck coolers are 43-44 inches in length, with 18 inches of cooling space and made with 100 percent cotton fabrics. If properly taken care of, our neck coolers can keep you cool time and time again.

Neck coolers cool down the blood flow to your head, lower your body temperature and your perspiration rate. Neck coolers are perfect for wearing on working on the farm, while taking family vacations, gardening, outdoor sports events, picnics, fairs, recreational activities such as hiking, biking, jogging, horse back riding, fishing, boating, baseball, golf, plus so much more.

I also have some neck coolers listed on Etsy. The neck cooler listings are spread throughout the Etsy store. We now ship out via First Class Mail to the US.

www.countrynmore.com
www.mycountryapron.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrynmore2

Edited by - countrynmore on Jun 29 2013 7:06:27 PM

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  4:05:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sharon. I got some of these at a store last year for gifts and nobody liked them because they became slimey on the outside. Can you tell me why this would happen? DH put his in water again this year and the same thing happened! ...???? Help!

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  5:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Judy,

It can be a for a number of reasons. Either, the fabric is too thin, there are too many crystals in the neck cooler, or the neck cooler has been over soaked. I have never had a slimy neck cooler and I wear them just about every day during the hot weather. Did you buy them at Wally World (aka Wal-Mart)? I have heard about the neck coolers from there having this problem.

www.countrynmore.com
www.mycountryapron.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  7:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I do believe it came from there. Also DH may have over-soaked his, but Ma didn't. So who knows.It may be the Walmart thing! Thanks for the tips.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  10:50:44 PM  Show Profile
You are welcome. I soak my neck coolers for 30 minutes in ice cold water. It is so refreshing. I tend to find that the neck cooler holds the temperature of the water. At least I have noticed it with the ones I use. I also don't wait until I am really hot to wear the neck cooler.

www.countrynmore.com
www.mycountryapron.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  9:36:06 PM  Show Profile
I just read the card that came with mine and it says,"soak in cold water for 3-5 minutes.evenly distribute crystals during hydration.Pat dry with towel to remove excess water. Shortly after soaking, scarf will feel dry and cool to the touch. For colder scarf, refrigerate.(do not freeze)" After I put it in water for 5 minutes, I couldn't distribute the crystals because they were no longer crystals, but a mass of gel. It looked like a stuffed sausage.LOL I dryed it off as best as I could even though it was slimey ( ugh) and put it on. It only stayed cool for about 1/2 hour, but still stayed puffy. *rolls eyes* Not a good buy at all.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 04 2010 9:37:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  5:56:49 PM  Show Profile
3-5 minutes is not an adequate amount of time to soak a neck cooler. I soak my neck cooler in icy water for about 30 minutes. It is so cold at first, but a welcome relief.

www.mycountryapron.com

Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic Great Deal On Neck Coolers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page