Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Best online store for dry goods/herbs in bulk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Best online store for dry goods/herbs in bulk Next Topic  

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  07:55:47 AM  Show Profile
Since a lot of you buy your dry goods/herbs online, what online store do you recommend?

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  09:06:51 AM  Show Profile
I use mountain rose herbs for ...herbs I dont grow myself.

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  09:30:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Amanda
I use two sites
www.sfherb.com and mountain rose herbs.
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  11:18:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks! I do grow a LOT of herbs, but I don't have them all....yet.

Does anyone buy in bulk online, like dry foods, beans, flour, etc?

FarmGirl #1390
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  2:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amanda :)

I use the same as Annie :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  6:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amanda, I don't buy online. I found a food co-op that I buy all my bulk spices, teas and dry staples (flour, beans, grains, etc)from. Part of the co-op is Frontier Natural Foods. They do have their own website where you can buy bulk spices, herbs & teas from. frontiercoop.com . The other part of the co-op is Country Life Natural Foods. They service MI & surrounding states, not Texas. However, it is a Seventh Day Adventest (sp?) run store. There might be one in your area. You can start with clnf.org to get contact info to call & see if there might be one in your area. You can go to their warehouse, order online or join a co-op with them. If not this company, maybe a similar one is around you. Also, Bob's Red Mill & Hodgson Mill sell online as well as in your grocery store. Good luck!

Lyn
Farmgirl Sister #1574
Mid-Michigan Farmgirl Chapter
http://simplelifeseeker.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  10:21:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lyn,

We are actually fortunate enough to have a food store like that here. I do buy most of my bulk there, but their selection is pretty limited is the only problem, though I am sure I could special order through them. :0)

FarmGirl #1390
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  9:41:14 PM  Show Profile
The only thing I buy in bulk is wheat. I get that from our local health food store that has a small co-op going for those of us that mill our own flour. I never thought about buying other items in bulk, but will check those sites you have mentioned. We do have a Menonite store about 45 min. drive and I can get every kind of herb I need, all kinds of flour, etc. They get their product in bulk from local farmers, mill the flours, and create all types of instant dinner and soup mixes. I just recently found the store and love shopping there. They keep their prices very low and I know everything is fresh made.
Go to Top of Page

DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  07:23:32 AM  Show Profile
Menonite? Really! I've only heard of Menonites in the Bible. Cool! Are they into the healthy lifestyle like Seventh Day Adventists? The SDA's are vegetarians & offer lots of meatless alternatives. However, I don't buy that stuff. I like my meat. ;) I'm going to have to research this to see if there's anything like that (Menonite) around here & see what their diet is! Thanks, Shirley!!

Lyn
Farmgirl Sister #1574
Mid-Michigan Farmgirl Chapter
http://simplelifeseeker.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kairosdreaming
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Melissa
Pineville North Carolina
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  3:36:04 PM  Show Profile
For herbs online I usually use penzeys.com. They have some great spice mixes as well. If you ever try them make sure to get a small thing of Northwoods Seasoning to try. It's absolutely amazing on chicken and well, just about anything. Other stuff I usually go to our local co-op for but you can find some surprisingly good deals on bulk foods at amazon.

Melissa

http://checkeredchickens.blogspot.com/

They sicken of the calm that know the storm.-unknown
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  9:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Lyn - we have a lot of Menonite and Amish families in our area. The Menonites are very health conscious, and do eat meat. They also use electricity and drive vehicles. The Amish also eat meat, but do not use electricity or drive vehicles. It is not at all unusual to see a horse and buggy driving down the road or parked at a shopping area.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Best online store for dry goods/herbs in bulk Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page