CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  4:19:42 PM  Show Profile
OH SWEET FARMGIRLS!!!!!! i have missed you all SOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
got back on-line TODAY (been off line since MARCH!) .. below is a letter i sent to my true friends gurlfrenz .. thought i'd post it here .. will be back at ya'll tonight to catch up on all the latest gossip and happenings .. i pray all has been well for everyone .. life continues to be oh so grande here in kentucky! many adventures since being off-line ... to see the pics listed below .. jus' e-mail me .. and i'll put you on my 'kentucky ramblings' list and send them along to you! hugs and kisses xoxoxo, frannie

MAY 16
been off line since about march ... i think it was a 'loose' wire
(ha! .. THIS we find out after spending hundreds of dollars to MOVE the satellite dish ..
and to buy 'new' equipment to replace equipment that ALREADY was jus' fine!

anyhoo .. the 'good part' is that 'maybe' we are back-on line again.

important: IF you don't hear from me and i haven't sent an e-mail telling you
we are off on a grande adventure .. IT IS COMPUTER PROBLEMS ... give me
a call at: 270-932-2742 .. if you think i've fallen offa' the edge of the earth!

good to be HOME SWEET HOME! i will be on this machine ALL NIGHT trying
to get back to over 200 of you who have e-mailed! hopefully, this big mass e-mail
will reach all of you though!

love you all .. missed you all like wildfire!

life is grande! honey hunk is home from mt. everest and had a mos' spendiferous time
.. will write you all about it soon!

hugs and kisses! xoxoxo, frannie

this e-mail has been sitting in my out box since MAY 6:
oh yah's .. i am so missing ya'll! this dang-blasted computer contraption has been 'down' for weeks now! i did slip over to the library once last week and answered a few of my e-mails. i've gotten some calls that yours are starting to bounce back (guess that 'ole mail box is FULL!) ... starband tells me that our 'dish' is not in line with the satellite .. we have someone coming on tuesday to try and fix that up for us .. soooooo .. hopefully by next week you'll get this e-mail (and a couple others i have 'writ' up and have standing in a "Q" waitin' to head your way!

would have sent a 'mass' e-mail letting everyone know my computer woes .. but when i go into my e-mail account from another source .. it won't let me get to my address book.

the library limits users to one hour on the computer .. and i didn't have time to get to all of you who did get e-mails through .. AND .. i didn't have time to get to all my boards and forums to say howdy-do and see what mischief you have all been up to lately! (it will be like 'homecoming' when i do finally get back on-line). AND .. the library is now in the process of MOVING to their most splendiferous new quarters in the newly refurbished City Hall building in our village of Greensburg .. soooooo .. i have not been able to go back over there to check e-mails.

actually, i have been accomplishing MUCH that has needed 'doin' .. that usually gets put on the 'back burner' cuz' i sit my butt down in front of this machine for so long!

TA-DAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! i am finally getting some 'spring cleaning' done in that 'schoolhouse' .. have emptied lots and lots of boxes, bags and baskets! am making 'piles' .. KEEP .. SELL .. give away .. throw away! (lordy .. seems more stuff is going into the give and throw piles than anywhere else .. this mystery goes along with the 'missing sock' in the dryer one: WHY do we think .. when we are saving 'stuff' (especially PAPER stuff) .. that it is as important as the Declaration of Independence and MUST be kept for posterity!!!! ONLY to realize ... years later when we unearth it again .... "good gawd! was i drunk or on drugs at the time i kept this???

WELL .. i have made myself a PROMISE .. IF it comes OUT of the schoolhouse .. it absolutely does not go back IN!!!! I still have a long way to go .. but on these beautiful kentucky mornings when the dew is on the grass and the sun is peeking through .. it is a great time to get in there and dig around!

honey hunk and i are pigging out on just being together ... since his return from Mt. Everest. What an incredibly grande life-adventure he did have ... i will write all about it soon. He came back to knee-high grass here at the farm and has spent the last few days chopping that back! He's also been just lounging around in the hammock and on our new screened-in back porch .. reading books and catching up on some snoozing! (He has started his daily 'running through the woods' with the dogs and will start 'rowing' every morning next week!) Said 6 weeks was too long to be away from me, home and the family though. The next big adventure will be with the two of us .. (Disneyland is coming up sometime this month or next .. with Lucas and his mommy and daddy!) ... Then .. he'll start planning a trip to New Zealand or Australia .. or somewhere to 'see more of the world' .. with me! Probably will do that trip early next year. Then 2008 .. he plans to do another of his macho-man trips to Antartica.

GARDENS .. i have frittered this spring away and have not gotten many seeds planted. Visited friend Pamela from Beehind Thyme .. and her veggies and flowers are starting to bloom .. god love her .. she said she would come here and help me plan my summer gardens. We were pleasantly surprized with lots of bright RED POPPIES that just reseeded .. and lots of sweet annie (i didn't get to dig them all up in time .. and some of them got mowed down .. but i think i have enough for my needs this autumn though!)

not sure what this is .. have two of them .. i call them 'bridal veil'

I definitely want lots more TALL SUNFLOWERS like last summer .. and am going to dedicate one whole garden area to more zucchini and squash (we had TONS of it last year and ate every one of them!) Going to do a separate TOMATO garden with various varieties .. we LOVE "MATERS"!!!! We have so many fresh garden stands here in this area .. that i don't bust my butt trying to plant too many different veggies .. i love supporting our locals! GREAT CORN grows down here .. won't plant that myself this year. Will definitely do another 'gourd' and 'pumpkin' patch though .. that was lots of fun last autumn! AND .. there are several pumpkin patches ... and one especially that sells HUGE AND UNUSUAL SHAPE AND COLOR PUMPKINS for only a BUCK each!

SNOWBALL BUSH

GLORIOUS!!

Our cherry trees and blue berry bushes and grape vines are starting to pop with little 'budlings' .. will be savouring those soon! Apple, plum and peach trees .. nuthin' happenin' there just yet .. but expect bumper crops of apples .. got two great APPLE pie and cooking books .. will use those this year for sure. Neighbors said our plums were delicious last year .. but the buggies got to the peaches before we did. Strawberries are starting to bud too! Going to plant more strawberry plants and a couple more blueberry bushes too!
I understand we have wild raspberries all along the woods .. am excited about tasting those this year!

YARROW

FLOWERS: ohhhh .. i do plan lots of flowers this year .. cutting garden and wild flowers .. Our snowball bush is all aglow with big fluffy balls and our 'wedding bushes' (not sure what they are officially called .. long spikey bush filled with white flowers) are gorgeous .. my 'moon flowers'!

GRACE AND CHARLES
gifted this dear tree to us last year .. it is growing strong!

POPPIES

this will once again .. be our squash and zucchini garden

Have been enjoying our hammock out under the apple trees ... just about every day i spend at least a half-hour out there catching up on my magazines! Oh .. and Hank and i slept out on our porch during a huge storm one night and it was so cozy! Rain on a tin roof .. one of my most favorite farm sounds

SWEET ANNIE!!!!
Hank swears that Cabin and Creek got even BIGGER while he was away. The continue to delight. Loveable Clowns! We are so glad they are part of our family!

HUGE Bittersweet BUSH!

Just got a sweet call from Twigs tellin' me that she's hearin' from gurlfrenz wonderin' if i'd fallen offa' the edge of the earth! Says she'll post to ya'll. HOPEFULLY, by Tuesday night .. i'll be back on-line
i adore birdhouses ... some birds have chosen to build their nest inside the barn .. so we leave the door open for them ... there are four baby birds in the nest!

OH .. and other than STARBAND .. our only other computer option is dial-up .. which isn't an option because of al lthe photos that i send and receive. We're hoping Altell will wander down this road some day.

Well chilluns .. it's about HAMMOCK swingin' time .. so .. i'll add this little 'letter-ette' to my list heading your way.

Want to hear from each and every one of you tellin' me what you've been up to lately! hugs! xoxo, frannie

Frannie Meshorer
CABIN CREEK FARM

True Friends, Frannie

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  4:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sweet Frannie- I have been worried. Enough to bother Gabe and Carol at MJ's farm. They were nice enough to get back to me and let me know you were fine. Next time I will just call you! Cna't wait to hear all your fun stories. Please know that you were truely missed here!

By the way- I have 9 frannie sunflowers growing beautifully- thank you for sharing!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Edited by - celebrate2727 on May 16 2006 4:48:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  4:54:06 PM  Show Profile
oh sweet beth! how dear that you missed me .. thanks so very much dear true friend!
i haven't even started my sunflowers yet! THIS WEEK!!!!!! i have to tell you all about our really fun farmgirl gathering adventures! what wonderful friends .. and such fun we did have!

so goooooooooood to be back on-line again ..

in the middle of fixing supper .. keep running to the computer .. like a kid at christmas with a new toy!

missed you all so very much! can hardly wait to read what everyone has been up to .. and to start all my chitty-chatting again too!

hugs, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  5:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Frannie
So glad you are back with us!! I would check everyday and look for you, and Yesterday I MADE A GET WELL CARD FOR YOUR COMPUTOR, seems it worked without me even having to mail it, but I will anyway, next time the ole girl goes down show her the card. Been getting great things at garage sales, read my posts when you get time. Look forward to more of your goings on. We would still like to see pictures of the mj farmgirls at cabin creek. No one has posted pictures yet. Glad Hank is back home, and it sounds like he is glad to. Bet the dogs missed him too.
xxoo
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  04:58:34 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, glad all is well.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  07:21:28 AM  Show Profile
oh nancy .. you are so funny and sweet! send that card along anyway .. cuz' i'm sure this sucker will 'belly up' again! just not easy to get good computer service down in this little valley it seems!

actually i was having so much fun i didn't take many photos .. i will check both my old and new cameras to see if there are any on there.

the pups missed hank and their daily run through the woods like wildfire ... i don't get down on the ground and tussle around with them like he does .. and i do NOT like DOG LICKS on the face .. which he doesn't mind at all. soooo . .they are all in heaven!

xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  07:39:12 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Post some pictures of your dogs sometime, maybe eating out of vintage dog bowls, or sleeping on a priceless quilt, I don't remember ever seeing a picture of them, or of Hank for that matter, But he doesn't have to eat of of a vintage dog bowl, maybe just sit on the porch nude like you said you found him one time when you came home from someplace.
Also does your friend Pamala have a website to buy her things?
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  09:09:03 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,

Welcome back. We missed you and your great stories!!! So happy you're back on the forum and look forward to hearing about Hank's adventures and your adventures.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  10:05:13 AM  Show Profile
Frannie!! I've thought of you so often and thought of calling you, but the phone thing is a whole 'nother story :) I'm so glad to hear everything is fine and that you're back online. I didn't receive your mass email, but I'll check again.

I've got to tell you that the weekend I was with you gals back there in Kentucky was a god-send! I don't want to get all mushy here, but you can bet you'll be getting a letter, now that I've been able to get back online and find the email I had saved with your address.

Have a wonderful day, Frannie!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  12:52:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Frannie, it wasn't the same without you! I knew you were back when you sent me the mass mailing of your time away and it took forever to load cuz of pics, but worth it! I've missed you!!! How is your Dad doing?

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  1:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Frannie im so glad youve come back to us!! We all missed your presence on the forum!! I hope their are no more crazy interet problems. Im so glad your honey hunk is home safe, what a wonderful experience!! See ya around the forum!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  1:35:42 PM  Show Profile
ya'll ya'ya's are makin' my heart smile! it's like 'coming home'! gosh .. so many wonderous adventures .. and i guess being computer deprived surely does add some hours to each day ... i ran the roads a lot while honey hunk was trekking .. oh and the stories i do have to tell of his adventures .. but will have to 'set awhile' to relate all of those .. sometime soon! i headed north, south, east and west ... while the man was away! HA! i was determined to 'match' the money he spent on his wild man vacation .. right here in the good 'ole u.s. of a. .. and i surely did give it a good 'go' .. hittin' every antiques shoppe that i came near ... actually, i have so many treasures now .. and these ole cabins can't hold much more ... but i never tire of looking for that 'one' special thing that is a one of a kind hand-did home-made primitive! and ALWAYS i'm looking for great olde vintage homespun fabrics ... mostly just adding them to the pile these days. i MUST get back to dolly making .. running short on them in my shoppes! visited the 'grands' a coupla' times .. oh lordy .. i do wish they all lived here in kentucky!

got reeeeeel lonely a few times for honey hunk and almost got 'the blues' .. but i upped and had an adventure which always perked me right up!

loved having a coupla gatherings with the gurlrenz .. those are such special times .. oh do make time in your life for gurlfrenz .. they are a special life-line! we women need each other. such giggles and story sharings!

i watched spring blossom while the man was away .. but he did get back home for the tail end of it .. so amazing to look out your window during the different seasons and see mother nature at her finest!

i did get a new camera (a teensy one) while the man was away .. will take lotsa' pictures of spring/summer here at cabin creek to share with you all! the pups are about as big as they are going to get .. and our new screened in porch is their 'haven'. i slept out there during thunder/lightening storms and it was awesome .. the pooches snuggled up to me real close! found out later that our screens are METAL .. uh-duh!!!! but that won't stop me from sleeping out there. honey hunk and i both snuggled on that little 'hired-man's bed' one night after he returned. i wanted him to see and hear and feel the storm .. HA! like he didn't get enough of that on Mt. Everest! (but then, i wasn't there for him to snuggle).

we're headed for DisneyWorld early June .. to take grandson Lucas for his first trip to the 'magic kingdom'. i don't know who is more excited .. lucas or me! (well .. LUCAS probably wins that one!)

have a busy travellin' june .. but if ya'll are heading this way during july or august .. we might be around for a few days .. hope you'll come for awhile .. had two of our gurlfrenz coming early june for a visit .. but alas and alack .. florida calls!

what's everyone been up to? been trying to read the threads .. and get a garden planted .. so don't know all the latest gossip.

oh .. my dad AMAZINGLY continues to hold on. no better .. no worse .. he has GOT to be one of HOSPICE's longest term patients. My sister treasures every day he is here .. and i love hearing his sweet stories these last months! Thanks to all of you who continue to ask about him. I will sorely miss him when he is gone.

well chickadees .. i have seedlings to plant. will check in later. hugs and hugs and hugs! xoxoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on May 17 2006 1:40:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 18 2006 :  1:51:39 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Frannies Back!! Welcome home! Missed your ramblings, Rose
Go to Top of Page