Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Safe Deoderant~What Do You Use?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Safe Deoderant~What Do You Use? Next Topic  

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  05:51:47 AM  Show Profile
I have been using Tom's of Maine and JASON deodorant. I haven't been as successful with Tom's as I have with JASON, but I'm not sure if the JASON is even that great for you!?

So my question for all you ladies is:

What do you use and what are your recommendations?

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  06:29:11 AM  Show Profile
hi april, in our house we use the stone. its a natural mineral rock. you rub your arm pits with it. it changes the ph of your skin and eliminates odor naturally. just a thought happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  08:10:38 AM  Show Profile
I love the coconut oil, baking soda, cornstarch homemade deodorant. It works wonderful. No smell.
Jane

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Countrybaker
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Cheryl
WA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  11:19:02 AM  Show Profile
I use Kiss My Face liquid Rock.www.kissmyface.com/deodorantpages/deodorantpage.html

Laugh when you should and apologize when you should and let go of what you can't change
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  7:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Are you sure you need to use anything? I have never used deodorant. I have never had a problem with body odor so don't worry about the extra chemical exposure to my body. Just to be sure, I am always asking my DH if he notices anything. Ironically, he has worn deadorant forever. Maybe I am just lucky and have a unusual chemical makeup.
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  7:51:53 PM  Show Profile
You know, some days I do and some days I don't. I especially notice it when I wear synthetic fibers! So if I stick with all cotton, it tends to not be an issue.

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  01:02:14 AM  Show Profile
i smell, I can tell you that! I can smell my self! lol hahaha But, not every one does. And that's great! My grandma never smelled bad! UHG! I wish I didn't. She didn't have furry legs and all like me either though! hahaha I wish I was hairless and smellless like her. lol haha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  07:47:53 AM  Show Profile
They also make a liquid crystal rock spray deodorant that I find works better for me than the solid rock.
Go to Top of Page

EarthMamaJEM
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Jenn
PA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  7:13:58 PM  Show Profile
Back in college I decided to go off any antipersperants and only use deoderants. My grandmother died of breast cancer and I saw about the link and decided to make the break from it. I think our bodies were meant to sweat, and if you "plug it up" from doing so, the toxins will either find other places to come out (causing other issues) or, stay trapped inside your body. It took me about 2 months of heavy, hardcore stink issues with only natural deoderant until my body was like "Hey, its ok if I sweat" since I had been using antipersperant since I was a tween.

At the current time, I use Kiss My Face roll on patcholi scented, but I also like Toms of Maine. My absolute fav was Funk butter found here: http://oyinhandmade.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7 But I stopped getting it due to the price of shipping.

I do like the Crystal rock kind, and use that but can only do so after a shower. Of course I can wet my pits and then apply it, but I would rather just use my roll on kinds and save the rock for after showering.

I also tend to let my armpit hair grow, which I honestly find helps with the sweating and odor. I find for me, its less odor and less sweat underneath when my pit hair grows. Plus I do not like the whole "You have to shave it because its gross if you dont shave it" mentality that our culture believes. ;) I'm a bit of a hippie rebel like that, ha ha ha! :)

I am Jenn. Wife to A, mama to S, B, L and V.
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  2:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Lol, I wish I didn't smell like an old goat! Ha! I also have used the Crystal rock and I like it, except I usually forget to apply it right after my shower. Of course you can wet the 'rock', too. Anyway, I think next time I'll do the roll on thing.

But seriously, if I don't use a deoderant/whatever, I stink! :0P

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  08:17:27 AM  Show Profile
I make my own with tea tree oil, cornstarch, coconut oil and baking soda but my skin is SO sensitive that I have had to cut the baking soda down to almost nothing or my pits get red and eventually peel.

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

prairieprana
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Kelley
Dickinson ND
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  7:05:42 PM  Show Profile
I use Herbal Magic and it works great! Totally natural and no icky smell (from me, I mean!) :)

Choose Vitality Daily!
Farmgirl Sister #1708
Go to Top of Page

Jackie Ferri
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Jacqueline
Trumbull CT
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  6:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Girls, I noticed that some of you concoct your own deodarant. Would you be able to share the recipe with us? I use the crystal in liquid form made with pomegranate. I forgot the name of it. Sometimes it works even if I apply it after the shower. I'll also try the other products mentioned. Thanks!

Jackie

Farmgirl sister #1664

Resourceful Creative Organized Mom
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  9:33:56 PM  Show Profile
I am trying to switch over to the crystal rock. But today... ick. I couldn't stand myself. It's not even the smell all the time as the sweaty pits when it gets on into the day. But I am going to keep at it.

I'd like to have the homemade deorderant recipe too!

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Safe Deoderant~What Do You Use? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page