Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Looking for cloth diapers or a pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Looking for cloth diapers or a pattern Next Topic  

missiebaldwin
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Missie
Onondaga MI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  10:12:56 AM  Show Profile
I am planning on going cloth with my next baby. The spirit is willing, but the budget is tight. I am looking for gently used cloth diapers (preferably "all in ones" or "one size").

I am also open to making my own, I still have a good 8 months of waiting! If you have a good patten for fitted cloth diapers, please help a sista out:) Thank you so much ladies!

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  10:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Tipnut.com is a good resource for free patterns. I made all my diapers from old recieving blankets and a pattern I made up, and they worked great. Start buying those blankets for 25-50 cents each at garage sales and you will have enough in no time. You will be so glad you decided on cloth.

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!
Don't out smart your common sense!!
Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

EarthMamaJEM
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Jenn
PA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  4:30:56 PM  Show Profile
I use CD's but have never made any myself. I have had friends use this site: http://hyenacart.com/FernandFaerie/index.php?c=10 not free, but I like that you can use recycled materials etc.

I also have purchased one size diapers from Mosaic Moon that others have made and loved the fit, here is the pattern for it: http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?vid=9&id=56561

Have you checked out hyenacart.com in the "spots corner" section? Diaper swappers? Sometimes you can find some good diaper deals on craigslist. We have purchased both new and used for our 4 kids...probably spent 1grand *total* on diapers and wipes over the past almost 8 years by using cloth and not buying the throw away kinds of diapers and wipes.

Anyways, please let me know if you need any help figuring it all out, we have used pretty much every system there is (pocket diapers, aio's, fitteds and wool, prefolds and covers etc) at one point.

I am Jenn. Wife to A, mama to S, B, L and V.

Edited by - EarthMamaJEM on Jun 24 2010 4:31:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  07:23:41 AM  Show Profile
Yes, check out Diaperswappers!! You can find gently used dipes, sometimes even new ones for GREAT prices!

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  07:52:10 AM  Show Profile
...thrift stores?

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  05:04:06 AM  Show Profile
I love smartypants and fuzzi bunz!love love love love themmmm...i wish i did this years ago
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Looking for cloth diapers or a pattern Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page