Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  07:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Where have you vacationed that you have really enjoyed? The economy is so bad and money is tight, that I thought we could share our experiences with others to give some insight. What also would be your dream vacation? Hope everyone is having an enjoyable summer!

Twinsmom

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  08:47:00 AM  Show Profile
I have several that I have enjoyed so much - most recent one was two years ago when we went to the Bahamas on a cruise. Had a blast and loved being waited on while on the boat. Due to the economy and being furloughed at work, we will try to do local Georgia attractions this summer. We also have a camper and went camping alot last summer. I would love to go camping again this year but in the fall when its cooler.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  08:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Debbie!

I really love going to Yellowstone, but if not Yellowstone I like going to the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming just outside of Ten Sleep. Great fishing, great hiking/camping beautiful scenery and lots of wildlife! In fact here's an open invitation to all Farmgirls- let me know if you would like to go up to the Big Horns and if I have time off I can give you a guided tour with our family cabin to stay in!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  10:59:21 AM  Show Profile
Now that we have our camper we will be camping a lot. We did plan a little vacation this summer with our boys to Sesame Place in PA using some of our tax return. But we're finding that that's costing even more than we thought. The tolls alone out there and back are going to be close to $80!!! Can you believe?!?! Literally highway robbery.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  11:02:55 AM  Show Profile
I LOVe Panama City Beach and we have a trip planned for July but the way things are going with thegulf it looks like we may be going somewhere else!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  11:15:05 AM  Show Profile
We always go with my mom, Auntie from Chicago, cousins from Atlanta and rent an oceanfront vacation home in Avon, NC (the Outerbanks region). It's carefree, laid back and even though we're there "together", my mom's rule is that it's YOUR vacation, you do what you want to. We may meet up 2 nights for dinner together inside or out and about, but otherwise, it's your thing. We've been going to the Outerbanks since I was a small girl so it always feels so familiar and comforting going back.

Since money is tight this year for us as well, we're going to be doing some long weekend trips here and there--some with the baby girl and some without!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  11:51:40 AM  Show Profile
Went to Prague in 2006 for our 10th anniversary. We loved it so much we actually tried to move there! We had eight days in the Czech Republic and I cannot wait to go back. We are supposed to go to Europe next summer as some of our dearest friends are in England. We hope to be able to visit this lovely city again.

Also a couple of years ago we visited our family in TX/OK and had a great weekend at Lake Texoma where my cousin has a little cabin and an amazing two story dock. The boys all had a great time jumping off the top of the dock. Very Norman Rockwell.

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  12:20:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, my favorite vacation so far was in the Canary Islands, swank hotel, huge pool etc. But, my dream vacation is to take my horses somewhere to ride. I have ridden trail ride horses but I want to take my own. We will be leaving on said dream vacation next Friday the 18th. Two of my close friends and one of their daughters and I are going to the Happy Horse Hotel, and trial ride for 4 days. I am so excited I can hardly wait. I will let you know how it goes once we are back again.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  12:26:25 PM  Show Profile
We just returned from a Caribbean Carnival Cruise. It was wonderful. Four different exotic stops and all the food you can eat. Prices are way down right now because of the economy. If you can afford it, now is the time to book it.

Alee, I just might have to take you up on the trip to Ten Sleep. I will ask DH if he is interested. I absolutely love that area!!!

Sherone

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  6:22:54 PM  Show Profile
Since I got married, haven't taken a vacation. But I dream of going to London, England, Italy, and France. OH to have tea with the queen...well I don't know if she does that,,,but I did say I dream..ha
hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  03:23:55 AM  Show Profile
For out of the country by far was when all 4 of us in the family went to Australia and spent a month.

Woulkd love to do that again and spend more time at the Great Barrier Reef

For domsetic that would be the timeshare we vacation together with my brothe and his family near West Palm. I love it HOT and the water clear!

This summer we'll be headed to exotic Appleton, Wis. for a weeks worth of pyrotechnic learning and exhibitions like no other.

I plan on packing a small cooler too so we can hopefully bring back some REAL cheese!
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  12:06:12 PM  Show Profile
My favorite place so far is the Taos, New Mexico area and Pagosa Springs, Colorado area. I love the Rockies and the area in that part of New Mexico just feels spiritual to me. Close to home, we like to camp at Beavers Bend state park. Beautiful park in the pines with a great golf course nearby.

Judy

"Speak your mind and ride a fast horse"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic vacations............ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page