Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 I get to be a vendor!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic I get to be a vendor!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile
I am thrilled to announce that I was accepted as a Farm Fair vendor this year! I will be selling my home made clothes for wee girls and adults.. Don't know how many items I'll have..will try to sew like gang-busters to have a nice selection. I want to have some praire skirts this year. I have this gorgeous French linen that I'll be using. It wrinkles but it lasts and lasts and lasts and makes for nice airy skirts! I'll also have some aprons for little girls made from re-purposed petticoats. I'll also have some 'fairy things'..so please, please, please stop by and say hello.. Can't wait to meet a bunch of you in person. Trust me when I say, all of the vendors at the Fair have beautiful things. I'm hoping this doll-maker will be there again this year. Her name is Renee and she makes the most adorable cloth Waldorf type dolls. She sews all the clothes herself and crochets the wigs for their hair. They are just amazing! There was also this beautiful young women who made all kinds of tatting. I regret not buying any of her work and will not make that mistake again if she happens to be there again. It was just breath-taking work and its such a lost art. Oh, just so many incredible things. The creative expression in people just floors me sometimes! It is just a wonderful, inspiring celebration! Until then, enjoy these gorgeous days!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  08:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Julia!! I am sure your creations will fit right in and be just as special!! How exciting for you!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  08:38:11 AM  Show Profile
Yay!!! These things sound so lovely. I hope I am able to come up and meet you and the rest of the gals there!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  08:47:10 AM  Show Profile
Whew! I can see I'll be going home with probably more than I'm bringing! Julia, your things sound yummy! Can't wait to see them and I hope the tatting lady will be there again!

I'm bringing my Bebe Couture and Vintage Bebe Couture children's clothes. They are my own design and are like the expensive ones you see in boutiques - only priced so regular people can afford them! The Vintage Bebe Couture items are made from original patterns from the 1930s-50s. I'm also bringing my totes (especially my Studly Cowboy tote), bibs, and my brand new Prayer Pockets. They are fabric cases with two pockets. One is filled with inspirational affirmations like "Anything is possible", "Dream Big", "Remember the days joys, forget the days troubles", "Who were you before you put yourself last?", "Believe in yourself", and "It's never too late to be what you might have been." When you need a lift, or are feeling down, you reach in and pull one out. The other pocket is for prayer requests. You write them down (prayers are more powerful when written down), give them to God, and tuck them in the pocket until they are answered. There are two affirmations in the pocket: "Today I choose faith not fear" and "This is what I want and I know even as I ask it is being done. Thank you for this great blessing." I'm very excited about Patricia's Prayer pockets. I really feel the idea came from You-Know-Who.

Naturally, Farmgirls get a discount. I'm trying to get photos done so I can put them on Etsy, but I don't have a digital camera and my little point and shoot won't let me get close enough to make good pictures. Sigh.

See you at Farm Fair! Woo hoo!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  09:28:07 AM  Show Profile
Julia & Patricia,

Congrats!! Can't wait to meet you and look at your beautiful wares in person. I better start saving money now! I think I'll save all my pay from my little second job and use that to purchase farmgirl products.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  09:45:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh Patricia! I can not wait to check out your things! I tell you, I have so much to learn. Last year there were these 2 wonderful women sitting next to me and they had the most amazing set up. My display was sparse at best, but I sure left with a lot of new ideas for my own work. It is so great to share what I have and know I am receiving so much more!Prayer pockets!..love it..and the vintage patterns and clothing..I'm drooooooooooooling!! I'm off to make PBJs for myself and the children..Many smiles, Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  09:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Julia
Good for you, wish I could be there, I have four grandaughters, and I love long skirts! I'am sure you will do great. please take pictures while you are there so we can all see.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  09:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Julia -- good for you! We're still waiting to hear if we've been accepted -- keeping our fingers crossed!

Handcrafted soaps and sundries at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/therusticcottage/
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  09:55:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Julia,
Congratulations - and guess what? I also was accepted as a vendor for Farm Fair - I'll have my soaps and toiletries and some herbal delights. I am SOOO looking forward to this, and seeing all the other great things the Farm Girls will have on offer.
Hugs all around, Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  10:09:01 AM  Show Profile
Just found out we got in too!!!! YEAH!! Now I better start sewing like crazy.

Handcrafted soaps and sundries at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  10:30:06 AM  Show Profile
Julia, this is my first "show" so I'm a little concerned about displays and so on. I'm driving up in my little Hundai so I don't know how much I'll be able to fit. I'll do the best I can with what I have. I have a lot to learn too. Oooooh, I'll have a PB&J, too. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  10:17:49 PM  Show Profile
I, too, was accepted to be a vendor. There will be two of us sharing a booth. My friend and co member of our Kindred Spirits Chapter will have antiques and collectibles. She had an antique store for a time and has lots of goodies to sell. I will have some collectibles and a variety of hand made treasures.
I have an Explorer, but not sure it will hold what I want to bring. So I am thinking I might have to learn how to pull a trailer full of 'stuff.' This way I can haul shelving and some furniture for displaying.
Looking forward to meeting all you farm girls.

Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  07:15:17 AM  Show Profile
oh gurlfrenz .. i do so wish i could join you kids this year .. but i think those are the dates we promised to take grandson Lucas to Disneyworld! Gotta' get there before daughter, Wednesday gets too far along in her pregnancy and can't fly (she's already half way there .. AND .. it gets dreadfully HOT in Florida during July and August.

Want to hear more more more! Post some pics of what you gurlz will be selling at Farm Fair! (t'will make my brown eyes green!)
xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  07:22:45 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I am starting to get REALLY excited for Farm fair!! I just can not wait to meet you all and check out your 'stuff'! I'm trying to figure out how to bring all my things (props, etc) AND my 2 children and camping equipment for a a few days. I, too, have an explorer but seriously doubt it will all fit. I also have a wonderful old pick-up truck, which would probably be perfect but I'm afraid to strap my 2 little ones and their car seats in it.. will see.. I'm sure everything will sort itself out..Frannie, we'll be sure to send pictures. SO happy to have you back on the forum! Have a beautiful day all.. Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

vtharvestfolkart
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

doreen
West Pawlet VT
USA
69 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  3:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Send vtharvestfolkart an AOL message
Hello everyone. I am new here....today is my first day on the forum. Anyway, could someone give me some information about the farm fair. I would love to participate. I do primitive folk art. A little short notice for this year...but if even if i am unable to get enough merchandise made before that time...i would love to just visit and see what it is all about. Thank you for you help. Take care. doreen

Please check out my work at http://www.crowsoup.com/Market1137.php
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  3:51:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Doreen.
Welcome to the forum! You can read about Farm Fair at www.maryjanesfarm.org/farm-fair.asp.
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  4:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Doreen! You come from a beautiful state. Hope to see you at Farm Fair!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  5:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Doreen!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  7:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Doreen, welcome!I know you can go and check out farm fair from the website..the photos are just fabulous! BUT, I was there last year as a vendor and let me tell you...hand-made folk art from vermont!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE consider coming if not this year than next year!
MaryJane's farm is a quiet little oasis where time doesn't stand still but it slows enough to be present to the moment. Although the surroundings and people are exquisitely beautiful, one would sense something truly lovely if even blindfolded. This is what I believe is the spirit of the place and the spirit of those who gather there. Having the senses to see and smell and hear the activities of the farm certainly reminded me to be grateful for those things I often forget to notice. There is true magic in this place and those who sense it leave with a special gift that is a little difficult to describe.
This is a gathering of wholesome goodness that is creative, artistic and soulful. I think you would find it a wonderful experience and I certainly hope to meet you there one day! Until then, welcome to the forum..another place of magic!
many smiles to you, Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  10:45:09 PM  Show Profile
I am wondering if any vendors will be staying in Moscow over night on the Friday after we set up? I am just under two hours away, but thought about getting a hotel room for the night so I can get there on Saturday refreshed without the driving back and forth. Plus with the price of gas to consider it would probably be less costly to get a room.
What is everyone else doing?

Pamela

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  05:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning! Pamela, I am planning on pitching a tent with my 2 little ones. Don't know where on the property I'll set up my tent but it doesn't really matter. Cindylou mentioned that there are few hotels in the area so they book up pretty fast. Looking forward to meeting you there!
Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  08:37:37 AM  Show Profile
Pamela, I'm staying at the Super 8 in Moscow. So is Kay and her group. It's on Pullman Hwy & Peterson Dr., 175 Peterson Dr. and the number is 208-883-1503.

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  09:42:45 AM  Show Profile
Pamela -- join us at the Super 8!! We'll have a good Farmgirl time together. Missy and I are sharing a room, Patty is bringing her hubby and kid so she's staying with them. I belong to AARP so got our room for $59 per night plus tax for 2 double beds. We'll be there on the 29th and leaving on July 3rd. So Thursday evening will be free time, set up on Friday, and then we can have a Farmgirl party on Friday night!!

Visit my online shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Edited by - therusticcottage on May 23 2006 09:53:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

vtharvestfolkart
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

doreen
West Pawlet VT
USA
69 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  3:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Send vtharvestfolkart an AOL message
Carol. Thank you for the welcome adn the info on the farm fair. LOVE THE QUOTE. DOREEN

Please check out my work at http://www.crowsoup.com/Market1137.php
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  4:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm camping too. Don't have a tent, but will sleep in my mini-van. I plan on bringing a coleman stove, Julia, and others who might be camping - we can surely share, in case you don't have room to pack your own stove. I'm so looking forward to this! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  10:38:45 PM  Show Profile
Thanks gals. I do not mind sleeping in my Explorer, but I am not one that likes to do without a shower (especially if it is hot and I get sweaty). So I will probably try to get a room at Super 8 for Friday night and then stay on the farm Saturday night for the campout.
What part of the hotel are you gals in? Maybe send me privately an email with the area in which you are and I can try to get my room near yours.
So are we roasting marshmellows at the camp out? Making smores? Anyone heard?
Pamela

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic I get to be a vendor!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page