clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  8:34:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm in the basement right now as I listen to tornado sirens outside. If you're up, pray for us.

Thanks.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  8:58:10 PM  Show Profile
Praying for both of us. Here comes the rain again. Been watching the storm on tv, coming from Kzoo. I'm in Ingham County/ Lansing. We're under a watch but I see that you're under a warning. Can't sleep until the worse of this passes. I knew I should have started building that ark!
Blessings to you and yours!!

Lyn
Rural Mid-Michigan
Farmgirl Sister #1574
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  9:07:14 PM  Show Profile
..praying!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  9:32:50 PM  Show Profile
OK...I *think* the worst has passed us. Crazy storms! Praying for you now Lyn. It's on it's way toward you right now.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  07:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I just saw this, Siobhan. I hope ya'll are ok and had no damage there. And you too Lyn. How scary.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  08:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks! Siobhan, sounds like there's some clean-up in order for BC. I heard that trees & power lines were down out your way. Some flash floods too. The storm started to break up just as it was hitting our town. The warning was canceled around 1am. Now the sun is shining & all is right with the world.

Lyn
Rural Mid-Michigan
Farmgirl Sister #1574
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  10:55:55 AM  Show Profile
Yup. We got hit bad...not even a mile from my house. You can see the path the tornado took through a forest where it leveled trees at a certain height and then crossed the street and de-roofed a church and uprooted huge trees in people's yards. A lot of damage! I even heard a report of someone having a bathtub on their roof. We drove down there on our way home from church and the whole community is out cutting up these huge tree trunks that are filling the road. I'm just so thankful that the Lord heard our prayers that we were praying in our basement that it wouldn't come near us. The only damage we have is a $70 canopy that we just bought to set up outside our camper since we couldn't afford the custom awning yet. We had it set up in our back yard this week so we could eat dinner out doors and it's now mangled :( $70 down the drain. We only got to use it once....oh well...we've got our lives and my garden actually survived!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  2:39:39 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad ya'll are ok. I bet that was too scary. It's good to hear from you. Stay safe.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  06:40:04 AM  Show Profile
so glad my fellow michigan sisters are okay-we didn't have anything like that where we are-which i'm glad for because i am absolutely terrified of anything even close to what may be a storm.

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  07:18:38 AM  Show Profile
i am so happy you are all ok. papa says the volcano that went off has changed the weather. i do remember when mt. st. helen went off we had weird weather. i am so sorry you have to deal with tornadoes etc. i would be very frightened. when we lived in santa barbara i exp. earthquakes. the sound is so scary. he thinks it changed the climate since it was so big.just a thought.happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  09:40:20 AM  Show Profile
Here's a news article from yesterday about the tornado that hit up the street. We find out the EF rating today. There's a video you can watch to see some of the damage too.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/BC-church-community-hit-with-storms

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  4:04:38 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan, So glad to hear that you are okay! I am originally from Ohio and they had a bad tornado go through outside of Toledo in that same weather system! I saw a video online and it's very scary! We once had one hit a mile from my mom's house! Praying all of the farmgirls in that area are safe!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  1:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Siobhan! I just now read this. I am so glad you and your family are ok! Thank you dear lord!
I will be praying for the people who got hit.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic In the basement... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page