Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Got an abundance of greens in your garden?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Got an abundance of greens in your garden? Next Topic  

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  12:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Well, you need to go give them a "haircut" and try this bread recipe!!!

I came back from a couple days camping and my kale and turnips were growing like crazy. We've been eating a lot of sauteed greens and soups with greens lately, but I wanted something different. I found this recipe today and gave it a try with the turnip greens and kale and OMGoodness it's SOOOOO yummy!!!!

http://frugalfeasts.blogspot.com/2009/09/sweet-treats-kale-bread.html

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  2:22:48 PM  Show Profile
I am printing this recipe so I can make some later this week. I just made my bread this morning. I wish I had seen it them I could have made one. I have a small bunch of kale I can use. Thanks so much for the recipe.

How was the camping?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  2:38:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh man...it was a blast and way too short (we only stayed Thursday and Friday night because my pastor hubby works on Saturday and Sunday)! Thanks for asking Kristin. Hopefully I got some good pics on my camera and will be able to post some this week.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Got an abundance of greens in your garden? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page