Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Appreciation Next Topic  

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  8:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Forgive me if this has been out there before or if it needs to go somewhere else. I see that so many of us take care of everyone else but what are some things that you do for yourself? How do you appreciate yourself and take care of yourself?

Some things that I do are:
Watch my favorite show
Take a hot bath and read in the bath tub
Have a nice glass or wine or cup of tea
Play with my dogs

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  05:44:43 AM  Show Profile
I play in my garden when I have the time, an even though it's helping someone else I love going over to my neighbors and help her out in her garden as she fights the illness of chemo.

Yesterday I went to mass for my MIL, went to Batavia to pick up my dress for the wedding, went to my son's who is getting married, went to my other sons who lives in my house and pulled up some weeds while he painted the deck, visited with my mom, came home made dinner,put some plants in the ground, went shopping with the hubby for a fishing pole, met a friend at the store and got a free fishing pole from her. She had just got a new one. Then hubby wanted to go fishing so I took my guideposts magazine and sat next to him and read until he wanted to quit then back home watered plants another neighbor stopped over to say she was moving away, then my friend was taking her grandsons for ice cream an asked me to join them so I did. Yesterday was a perfect day for me. and I have decided to try and read at least one small artical or magazine a day. I never was a reader but I did really enjoy my time reading while my hubby was fishing and he enjoyed me being there.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  06:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I usually have Doug stay and watch our daughter while I go and see our horse Tala if I need some alone time. It never fails to put me in a good mood. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  07:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Yup. Gardening is my me time. And knitting. Sometimes hubby will take the boys to rehearsal with him on a Tuesday night and I will get to stay home and have a cup of tea and read a book or something.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  10:13:00 AM  Show Profile
Right now it is reading - I don't have a lot of extra time in my life at the moment, so my reading time is when I get it. Hoping to change that, but we are heading into my son's senior year and I want to spend every bit of time I can with him before he leaves the nest - and it isn't like he wants to spend every bit of his free time with his mom - so that might mean I wait on some other things.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  1:04:36 PM  Show Profile
I go ride one of my horses or about every three weeks I get my nails done. Stopped doing that though now that the DH has been laid off for over a year. But riding the horses or just going out and hanging out with them makes me feel much better.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  4:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Read, take a soaking bath while listening to soft music, take watercolor painting and belly dance classes.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  7:06:40 PM  Show Profile
My "me" time is definately at night when everyone else is in bed.. this is the end of my long day, after starting out early in the morning getting the kids off to school, working for 4-5 hours a day, picking the kids up from school, then running from gymnastics etc, home to do homework, get dinner together, fold some laundry, get everyone showered etc and FINALLY settled down for the night.
I enjoy sitting and reading with a cup of tea... thats my "AHHH" moment!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  09:09:58 AM  Show Profile
I read or quilt and have afternoon tea. My hubby and kids are most understanding of me needing a little time to regroup. I love those times and my family gets the best of me then.
hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  09:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I guess I never thought of taking care of myself. lol I will try and come up with something.
Hugs,
channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  10:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I love everyone's list. Isn't amazing how many of us craft or spend time with our animals as part of taking care of ourselves? I love to embroider and it is so soothing for me to do when I'm stressed.

Channah! I insist that you go to downtown Chehalis, look in the their wonderful antique stores and get a nice treat for yourself. ;)
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:33:16 AM  Show Profile
I have an extra special Husband who let's me do lot's of fun things. I breakfast with friends, read, do needlepoint, watch a movie, rub my babies belly (Bella 3 yr old yorkie poo), garden, just sit in the back yard and relax. I am blessed.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh thats ok Pam. I am treating myself to a little bottle of perfume that I have always wanted from NatureMadien and I am going to buy a little something special for a farmgirl.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Appreciation Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page