Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Wanting to make lavender eye pillows....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Wanting to make lavender eye pillows.... Next Topic  

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  5:26:47 PM  Show Profile
When I did yoga, we would use these on our eyes to help relax... I found a recipe that calls for flax seed, and organic dried lavender. Does anyone know if I should mix them with lavender essential oil to enhance the fragrance? Also, if I don't use oil, how long will the fragrance last in the pillow?

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  6:42:50 PM  Show Profile
Cecily...I make lavender and flaxseed neck rolls and I add a few drops of lavender EO into the mix. My pillows last FOREVER. Go easy on the EO and if your eye pillows need to be "refreshed" simply open it up and remix.

I just love using the flaxseed as opposed to rice bags-flaxseed holds the heat up to 3X longer than rice and it has...I think a better texture as far as contour!

I make them out of muslin and then a pillow ticking pillow case over that with a vintage doily centered in the middle of the pillow---
I have to say so myself-but they are very sweet looking!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com

Edited by - melody on May 30 2010 2:35:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bart
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

115 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  2:20:24 PM  Show Profile
I agree on the lavender oil. Those are so nice they make your whole face feel good. I like making them with a outer 'sleeve'. That way I can throw that in the wash and have a fresh outer portion next to the body.
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Wanting to make lavender eye pillows.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page