Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Best "harmless" practical jokes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Best "harmless" practical jokes? Next Topic  

hennessy
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Melissa
Minnesota
USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  5:45:30 PM  Show Profile
In my family, chocolate milk was a HUGE treat. Mom didn't buy it often, and when she did it was usually gone in a day. One day she brought home a new carton and I was the lucky first one to break into it - only to find out that it had gone horribly sour. Instead of throwing it out, I put it back in the fridge and watched as my sister and brother came in and poured themselves a glass. The looks on their faces as they took that first drink was priceless!

My ex played drums in a band. He took one of his old cymbals from his drumkit and hung it below our mailbox. One day some of our friends took the cymbal, made eyes, nose and a mouth for it, took a picture of it tied to a chair, and sent him a ransom note! Then he got another letter from the cymbal saying that it had escaped its captors and had gone to travel the country. He received postcards from the cymbal from various states (my favorite was a postcard from Tennessee showing a variety of instruments, including a banjo, tambourine, etc. - on the back it said "Made some new friends!"), and pictures of the cymbal in front of landmarks and tourist destinations. By the end, my ex had postcards and pictures from as far as Florida and Hawaii! Throughout this time, my ex had no idea who had done this. I was in on the secret, but managed to keep my mouth shut. A year later, at his graduation from college party, these friends returned his cymbal to him as their gift. The joke had reached far and wide, as many of their friends who had taken trips during the year had agreed to send postcards from the cymbal to my ex. It was really fun, especially since my ex was sooooo baffled.

What are some of your favorites?

If you lived in your heart, you'd be home by now.

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  6:23:06 PM  Show Profile
Ha! Reminds me of the Pillsbury dough boy adventure I saw on TV last night! Here's a link to the story http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=138143 which also reminds me of the kidnapped garden gnome in a mystery story I read - according to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_gnome_prank that was probably not the first place the idea came up....

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Edited by - brightmeadow on May 09 2006 6:26:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

hennessy
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Melissa
Minnesota
USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  7:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh, that's funny! Reminds me of when they stole Shrek from the top of the Burger King. Guess it's a common theme.

Another one from my youth: in the middle of a winter night an enterprising individual built two snowmen on the lawn in front of our jail. Both had their hands up! Apparently they had arrived to turn themselves in...

If you lived in your heart, you'd be home by now.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  10:05:04 AM  Show Profile
In the movie, "Amelie", she takes her father's garden gnome. Because her father refuses to travel or live life, she has a friend send pictues of the gnome travelling around the globe. It was pretty cute.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Best "harmless" practical jokes? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page