Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 needing help with reading a pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic needing help with reading a pattern Next Topic  

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  06:09:15 AM  Show Profile
I am using the book "Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting" and working the 3rd row of a cluster pattern they have on pages 94-95. The directions read:

row 2: "...chain 1 and turn"

row 3: "work 1 single crochet into each of the first 2 stitches" - I did that but I am confused with the next part -

"...work 2 single crochets into the chain space (do they mean put both sc in the same stitch or space or what do they mean?) then "work 2 single crochets into the space between clusters" (not sure on this either) There is not a photo of these steps being worked, only the finished row 3.

I looked on the Internet, but most cluster patterns are all different.

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind."
Author Unknown

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  07:23:53 AM  Show Profile
Kristina, Do two single crochets into the space...insert hook into space to grab yarn and single crochet and then do another in the same space. Working two single crochets into the space between clusters would be almost the same except you insert hook into space between the clusters that you made in the previous row. Sometimes crochet patterns are hard to read. Also hard to explain over the internet. If you need any other help just e-mail me.

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic needing help with reading a pattern Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page