horseychick
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Melanie
Clarkston MI
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  06:43:34 AM  Show Profile
Do any of you use a natural chicken wormer? I have heard to use organic vingar in the water and also pumpkin seeds/buttermilk ground together. Any other remedies?

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  09:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
I have heard pumpkin seeds and apple cider vinegar!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  11:39:18 AM  Show Profile
I go by Juliette de Bairacli Levy's advice in "Herbal Handbook for Farm and Stable" when treating my livestock,she has quite a few ways to deworm chickens in this book but the one I use the most is to make little pills of cayenne powder,made by mixing a little honey and water in the powder until it "pills up" and then give these to the chickens after a one day fast or you can give a course of garlic for ten days,chopped whole cloves.
She recommends to add to the diet chopped garlic and onion,bramble leaves,elder leaves,wormwood,cotton-lavendar,rue,hyssop,as available,all of which are worm expellent and give plenty of chopped parsley will help restore health to chickens recovering from the effects of worms or coccidiosis.
Julliete lived amongst the gypsy people throughout Europe and is a widlely respected natural healer,I would recommend the book mentioned above and her others if you're interested in her methods.

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic natural chicken wormer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page