Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Hit the lottery !!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Hit the lottery !! Next Topic  

TwstdStitch
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jean
Pennsylvania
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  7:30:21 PM  Show Profile

That's how it feels, anyway !! My dear husband brought me a gift....40 (yes, FORTY!!) bags of cotton strips...already wound into balls. My mind is spinning. LOL What to make first?? My weaving loom is only four treddles, so I'm limited...now wish I had a rug weaving loom :( Also have crochetted rag rugs in mind...and I make baskets and bowls out of fabric covered clothesline and these will be perfect for that as well.

I'm taking any and all other suggestions !!! Any ideas girls?? After I go through them all I may end up putting some in the barter section. lol Am I a goofy farmgal for being excited over fabric balls???

Jean
Quilter, knitter, spinner/dyer, veggie gardener and craft-a-holic
Sister #1455
Here's to a simpler way of life !!!

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  7:55:42 PM  Show Profile
Heck no.... I would totally be excited over all that creative opportunity! Weaving, rag rugs... quilting? Guess that would depend on how wide the strips are.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  8:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Jean, what a thoughtful gift. It's so much fun to re-purpose things. Rag rugs and baskets sounds nice. Stripy quilts work well to and then make those into totes, handbags, bookbags, notebook covers, checkook covers, curtains, ets. Happy Sewing! Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  05:34:41 AM  Show Profile
You are not goofy at all! I would be thrilled to receive a gift like that!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  08:38:08 AM  Show Profile
Jean,
I would totally be excited. You just have to be our type of person to understand, a crafter for sure!
I have just bought a book on locker hooking, they have it at Hobby Lobby and Joanns, where you could design your own rug on a canvas with strips. Also I saw Aunt Phyllis toothbrush rugs at a quilt expo in chicago and bought her little toothbrush hook, but didn't get a pattern yet as I was out of money! I even picked up crocheted rugs books as an option, since I want to make chairpads for the kitchen chairs.
Well, have fun girl!!! I'm excited for you. What a nice husband!
Where in PA are you? My sister lives outside of Pittsburgh.

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

"No matter where you go . . . there you are."
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  09:30:34 AM  Show Profile
You lucky ducky, I am in the process of cutting and rolling cotton fabric to crochet a rag rug. If you do barter some...I am in!

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  3:11:13 PM  Show Profile
You sure have a keeper there! What a DH!! It's really special that he thought to do that. I would be having a hayday!! Be sure and show us what you make with it.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  6:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Ditto, ditto, ditto!
If anyone makes a toothbrush rug, please write a post and let us know how it goes!!
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

TwstdStitch
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jean
Pennsylvania
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  7:18:31 PM  Show Profile
Julie....I have the gizmo for toothbrush rug making but misplaced the directions. LOL Bought it years ago and never got around to it. Would love to hear from someone who has made one. The strips are all about 2 - 3 inches wide, so I'm a bit limited. Although, a few bags are flannel and I thought of log cabin quilt blocks for a winter quilt. Some of them are wool, and I've seperated them and plan on making covered clothesline purses. I went out and salvaged some empty boxes from the local grocery store and have been seperating them into fabric type and color. So far I'm just having fun handling them. :)) I'm so glad everyone understands.

Jean
Quilter, knitter, spinner/dyer, veggie gardener and craft-a-holic
Sister #1455
Here's to a simpler way of life !!!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Hit the lottery !! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page