Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Hope every Mother has a wonderful day...All of you ladies have been so helpful to me in the past. It is amazing how everyone here on MJF is so wonderful and willing to help without question. All Mothers have a restful day. ENJOY
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  6:12:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Deborah, and I would also like to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day! How about posting back how you spent your wonderful day!!

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  6:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Happy Mother's Day Mom! and I would like to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day too!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  08:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's day to all the women here. I know that not all of you are mothers, but I am certain that all of you have mothered, so in honor of women everywhere, I offer this blessing from Diann Neu, taken from the book, Earth Prayers From Around the World, edited by Elizabeth Roberts and Elias Amidon.

Blessed be the works of your hands,
O Holy One.
Blessed be these hands that have touched life.
Blessed be these hands that have nurtured creativity.
Blessed be these hands that have held pain.
Blessed be these hands that have embraced with passion.
Blessed be these hands that have tended gardens.
Blessed be these hands that have closed in anger.
Blessed be these hands that have planted new seeds.
Blessed be these hands that have harvested ripe fields.
Blessed be these hands that have cleaned, washed,
mopped, scrubbed.
Blessed be these hands that have become knotty with age.
Blessed be these hands that are wrinkled and scarred
from doing justice.
Blessed be these hands that have reached out and been
received.
Blessed be these hands that hold the promise of the
future.
Blessed be the works of your hands,
O Holy One.

Therese

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  09:01:47 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!!!! I am off to the garden store. I go every year on Mother's Day just for the fun of it.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  1:19:32 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day, Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  6:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to all of you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  6:46:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's day to you all. I also hope everyone had a great day. It was beautiful here. The weather the last 2 days has been PERFECT! My youngest DD graduated yesterday from Covenant College!!! It was her 29th birthday today! My parents came up for all this and Mother's day too. It was a very nice weekend. I had a nice quiet afternoon here today. All the grands spent the night last night. It was a good weekend.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  8:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris:
Happy Birthday to you sweet daughter. I'm so happy you had a good weekend. Hope you had a great Mother's Day.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  8:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Mothers day Ladies! I hope your day was filled with joy and happiness!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  11:03:59 PM  Show Profile
I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.

Therese,
Therese, Thanks for sharing the prayer, its so beautiful and true. It brought to mind friends and mentors over the years, wonderful ladies who haven't actually been my Mom but have a dear place in my heart.

I got a phone call yesterday from my cousin. Our Moms were sisters and we shared a lovely visit and memories of our moms, both gone now but still thought of with love. It helped me realize that the reason I had felt a bit sad all day was knowing I couldn't share this day with Mom.

My Mother's Day started by coming down the stairs to find a beautiful bouquet on the table. DS and his GF had picked out lovely flowers and made a homemade card. Since I'm a retired elementary teacher, they used crayons and it looked like it was made by a little kid. The drawing on the front was a stick-lady with a cloud of blond hair and a flowing cape and the verse they wrote said "a mom with super power" and made reference to lemon bars, a personal favorite, that were in the fridge. They had waited and made them after I went to bed the night before to be a surprise. Our second DD brought a hanging basket of gorgeous begonias and an orange cake with chocolate frosting and helped DH make a meal with smoked pork chops and cheesie potatoes. Her BF stopped to fix our tiller and enjoy a piece of cake. DH, DD and I went to a local garden center and got some plants for the yard. It was so gorgeous to look around there with everything in full bloom.
Oldest DD came later in the afternoon, for her it's about a 5 hour drive and she'll stay till Tuesday AM.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  06:26:10 AM  Show Profile
Had a very nice day, DD and DS called me in the morning and wished me a Happy Mother's Day. They have planned that we will go the the dinner/theater next weekend. DH and I took my mom out to dinner at Olive Garden and then went to the nursery to pick out some plants. We had a very nice time together.
Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  8:45:17 PM  Show Profile
I had a very pleasant day yesterday. This may be just plain silly to most but to me it was lovely. We started the day (like I was waking my hubby up at 6:30) by butchering a hen that was too broody. She wouldn't leave her nest unless I physically removed her and it had gone on for too long. She was starving herself. Generally, my husband grumbles about the butchering and I told him we could wait until the evening but he jumped out of bed and we went to it. It was nice plucking the bird together. After that we had to hustle to get to church. People who found out how we started our day just gasp and shake their heads at me. I like to think it's the country/farm gal in me that enjoyed that time with my husband.

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page