Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Happy Mother's Day Farmgirls!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Happy Mother's Day Farmgirls! Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:46:27 PM  Show Profile
I hope your Mother's Day is a special one...

My son asked me what I wanted and of course I said "Diamonds and Pearls!" He replied that he will be making me breakfast and a good pot of Darjeeling tea in my favorite blue and white teapot---He's such a nice boy!

How will you be spending your special day?

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
http://farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:54:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melody...Happy Mother's Day to you too. What a sweet boy you have. He sounds like a keeper. I will be spending my day with my 82 y.o. Mama who lives up the street from me. It's an especially hard one for her because she's moving and requested "nothing please" because it will be just one more thing she will have to pack. hahaha That's Mama. Always thinking ahead. I'll take her a card and some flowers from my flower beds.

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  7:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to you too and all the farmgirls! Hope you have a fun and relaxing day!

Have a good day!

Michelle & Ashley
Farmgirls #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  03:23:40 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to all of you!!! Hope you have sunny weather and lots of fun with your families today!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  06:06:52 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day, Melody, and all my Farmgirl Sisters who work so hard to raise their families with love and goodness. All of the mothers here are amazing to me and I admire them all so much!

I woke up this morning (at 8:30 - yay for getting to sleep in!) to breakfast in bed and a clean kitchen and dining room that had gotten left messy from our late dinner last night. Normally we get home from Saturday night church and have to eat a really late dinner (8:30-9:00) and then we're so exhausted we just throw the boys and ourselves in bed right away and worry about the kitchen the next morning before going to church again for Sunday morning service. Well, today I am getting to take what our church calls, "The 8th Day". It's our way of promoting attending Saturday night church because our Sunday services are getting WAY too overcrowded. We say, "attend church on Saturday night to finish off a busy Saturday, then on Sunday you can relax and sleep in, almost like having an extra day in the week." It really is like that for those of us who have been attending church on Sunday for most of our lives. I don't usually get to have an 8th day because I'm usually on the worship team schedule for all 4 services (Sat and Sun) each week, or I've got 3 kiddos to care for on Sunday morning. But today, hubby has taken 2 of the three boys with him to service (he's the worship pastor, so he doesn't get to have an 8th Day ever LOL) and the littlest one will be down for a good quiet morning nap any minute now and I am just going to enjoy myself!!! Woohoo! I think I might go down to my camper and make a couple measurements and go to the fabric store today to get some cool fabric for curtains or something! I don't know....I just know I am going to enjoy today and my little bit of peace and quiet! My Mother's Day gift today was the knowledge that I have 5 MJF back issues on their way! Yay! I guess they didn't make it here in time LOL...poor hubby....he tries real hard to make things special and they don't always turn out. He's so cute <3

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  06:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU FABULOUS FARMGIRLS!!!!

I'm going on a drive in my favorite mountains . . .see how much snow there is (from a distance) on those peaks. Stop in Rico, at the "High Grounds" Coffee Shack and enjoy a wonderful coffee drink!!!

Will be with my hubby and my son . . going to go pick him up here shortly. I'll be taking some Mothers Day flowers to his caregiver . . she has been with him for a LOOOONNNNG time and is such a wonderful caregiver.

ENJOY YOUR DAY GIRLS!!!!!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
CJ
]

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 09 2010 06:51:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  08:05:10 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mothers Day,ladies! The girls were very loving this morning and it's a wonderfully cool morning-and the latest issue of MJF arrived yesterday. How great a combo is that?

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  09:46:40 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you gals are relaxing and doing "Just-What-You-Should" for YOU!!! Good for you! Happy Mother's Day to you all. Love ya Bunches! @D}--}--

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  10:48:14 AM  Show Profile
happy Mother's Day. I was outside and it is beautiful out! I don't have anything planned.

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  11:29:24 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mothers Day to All the beautiful souls out there !
The world is rejoicing in quiet and calm, nothin but giggles here !!

Have a warm & fuzzy feelin type of day !!

I am blessed & Proud to be called Mom & Grandma, everyday !!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  5:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, we're back home . . had a lovely day in the mountains!!! I'm posting a pic of my son, Jeremy, and me taken at 10,000 ft. elevation on top of Lizard Head Pass today. Those are "my" mountains, over 13,000 and up ft. elevation. Still a LOT of snow. Jeremy is 36, was born with Down Syndrome and is a joy!!! He doesn't live with us because he needed to have a life of his own, have things in place for him in case something happens to his dad or me. We see him every Sunday and a lot of other times . . and we see him around town as he lives in a town only 5 miles away. He lives with a 24/7 caregiver but he does a lot for himself. This is the first day I've purposely taken "off" and not been working on something!!! LOVELY, LOVELY DAY!!!!

CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 09 2010 5:17:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  5:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ....what a beautiful place!
Glad to hear you had a good Mother's Day...Jeremy looks like a very nice boy! Aren't sons wonderful?

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
http://farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  6:18:52 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to all my farmgirl friends. I am a little late posting this. I spent the morning with my son and his fiance and the afternoon with my Mom and the evening with my DH and my dogs at the doggy park. Got on here kind of late.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  6:28:58 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful, great, encouraging, farmgirls.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  6:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I had the very best mom's day... My guys are so amazing to me. Happy mom's day everone.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  8:17:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mothers day!

I have to share this story since its Mothers Day. My little one asked for oatmeal for dinner last night and I made some for him. I just had a root canal done so I was eating soft foods all day. When I gave Nigel his bowl of oatmeal he said, "Mom, you are the best cooker!". It absolutely made my day!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  05:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
By the way . . . I am mom to a FABULOUS daughter, who is also part of our Farmgirl Sisterhood. She is my BEST FRIEND!!!!

You can find her pic in her sisterhood necklace in the Farmgirl Necklace Photo Album thread . . . she's the one standing by the BIG cactus!!

Yup . . my BEAUTIFUL daughter, Robin . . . "birdie71"

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO BLESSED as a Mom!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Happy Mother's Day Farmgirls! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: