kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  4:59:04 PM  Show Profile
Wow. I was jsut watching the evening news and I had NO idea how bad Tn. got hit. They showed Nashville and it looks like New Orleans back when Katrina hit. I hope all you farmgirls up in that area are ok and out of the water. It's so sad.

Please let us know how you all are.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  8:15:11 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
I saw the Weather Channel. Tennessee really got flooded in a bad way. I feel for those folks. Having been through two floods I can imagine what they are going through. I am praying alot for all of them.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  05:27:17 AM  Show Profile
Marly, it's just so hard to belive that 150 miles from me all this happened and I never knew it till the next day. We never got any rain at all til Sunday night. Then it got us here. We had some flooding but Nashville and surrounding counties really got hit. I think I heard the govenor declared most of the state of Tn. a disaster area. Or whatever they call it. Anyway, it was alot of flooding going on.

And we have alot of Tn. farmgirls here. I hope all are ok and not affected by this.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  05:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Glad you all didn't get any damage. I'm fine up here. just a good bit of rain. I know we have some sisters in the Nashville area, hope they are ok. looks really bad. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  06:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Phyllis, I'm glad you're ok. And I hope we hear from the rest soon. They are probably really busy right now and no power too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  8:02:43 PM  Show Profile
Kris: Let us know if you hear from any of the other Tennessee/GA girls. I'll keep checking. Thanks. Happy you and yours are okay!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  06:35:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, I spoke to a friend in Nashville yesterday, lots of power outages and phone service out in some areas, hopefully the farmgirls are ok, just can't get in touch right now. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  07:49:41 AM  Show Profile
phyllis so glad your ok sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Heather Nicole
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Heather Nicole
Bolivar Missouri
USA
127 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  6:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say that my prayers and thoughts are with all of you! I have been watching the CNN footage, and there are just no words for this. So please stay safe and hang in there sisters! Hugs to all of you!

I know full well that joy is in the small things....
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  7:31:00 PM  Show Profile
My DD's fiance's mom and her boyfriend just came here from Ms. and went through Nashville. I asked how it looked and he said the water was down now. I guess all the roads are back open again. But still none of the other Tn. girls have chimed in. I hope they are all ok.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  7:12:39 PM  Show Profile
Every time I see the Weather Channel concerning the flood in Tennessee, I pray for all of the people. A flood is devastiating.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  8:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers for the Nashville area. Luckily, we are on a hill and the most damage that occurred was erosion for us. However, there are so many homes and buildings in the area that were under water.
I have never been through a flood before; it is amazing how much destruction can happen in so little time.
Thank you again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for checking in on all of us!

~Phyllis I am so glad you didnt have any flooding in your area!

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975

Edited by - Kerbear on May 11 2010 8:32:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  08:36:54 AM  Show Profile
Kerry, so glad you didn't have more damage!! Back in the olden days(1970's) I was in Chatt. when it flooded, we were stuck at Erlanger hospital. I was a student there and we were staffing the hospital because there was no was in or out. my future hubby was out all over taking pictures. it is hard to believe how quickly the water gets deep. Hope all the other girls are safe in the area. take care Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  11:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Ladies you are all in my prayers! I hope everyone is ok.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Tennessee Farmgirls! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page