Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 how beautiful-gloat with me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic how beautiful-gloat with me Next Topic  

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  05:24:00 AM  Show Profile
i'm gonna gloat a little this morning-my farm is so gorgeous this morning. it has been raining off and on for the past 3 days and as a result everything is a beautiful green. the raspberries are growing and the peonies have buds on them. the earth is brown and wet- the compost pile is earthy and smells so rich. the birds are singing a lovely tune and all of this just makes so very happy. thank you for letting me gloat-why don't you all gloat with me about your farm!!

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  06:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Well, I have to say after yesterday it's a beautiful day here too. Even though half my big garden is under water, that's ok. I know alot of people are really flooded right now and I am so sorry. But the sun is shining and the birds are singing. The cats and dogs are laying all over the driveway soaking up the sun. The chickens are eating tons of worms. The cows are in the pasture with thier tails just a swinging away. The goats are out back with their kids in the sunshine. I just had sausage from pigs I raised and eggs from my hens for breakfast. I am making bread right now. It's on the 2nd rise. Life is pretty good at the moment here.

I am glad you are having a wonderful day too, Mary Jo. I hope it just gets better and better.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  09:02:26 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, good for you that you can see the good in your situation. Your life sounds beautiful!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View My Work:

art/dolls: www.vagabondcreations.blogspot.com

The Horse Drawn Project and Farming!
www.beyondvagabond.blogspot.com

View the blog and radio show!
Renegade Farming!: www.therenegadefarmer.com

NEXT RADIO SHOW:
Renegade Online beekeeping CLASS MAY 9th! http://therenegadefarmer.com/?p=939
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  09:52:21 AM  Show Profile
My little scrap of land won't hold a lot of animals, so I only have my chickens who are happy the rain has stopped. They are helping my grandparents out right now and that's great for me! My grandma was bit by a recluse spider the other day and is very sick, so my oldest daughter went to spend the day doing her chores for her. She took out the eggs we've gathered this week cause scrambled eggs is all grandma can keep down right now. My poor grandpa is starvuing he says cause he can't cook and grandmas laid up in bed. We sent out a lot of instant type food for him and my DD is gonna cook him lunch and dinner before she comes home today. She promised to show him how to make scambled eggs the way that grandma makes them and then she's gonna take him some fresh peas just as soon as ours start puttin on. Hopefully soon. I love lookin out at my garden and knowin that green shinin in the sun will be enough to feed us and my grandparents, and boy did the rain make it all sparkle this morning! It's prettier than a flower bed to me, which my flowers always contain lots of pretty edibles anyway! Not true flower beds I guess! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  1:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I hope your grandmother gets well soon. That's so scary. I have seen what those things can do to a person.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  4:05:44 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
Gloat away, good for you to see the good in all that rain. However, I do feel for all the people who were flooded.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  4:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Gloating with you Angela! Mine is the same here in Wisconsin.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  6:27:40 PM  Show Profile
well girls i need to gloat too. when i look out my window i see our pond. we thought the lilies were dead. this year we did not get stock run water. so pond dried up. well there she is. 60 feet wide and long. giant willows overhang her border. i heard our toad yesterday. he has lived here for years. i was worried he did not make it. i can see the lillies are alive. i jumped with glee. the marginals are waking up. we have a long green lawn that is lush. its the cow pasture now. like you the dogs are on the rocks in the drive warming.they line up like a soldiers gaurd.it truly is happy days on the farm. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

ilene
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

ilene
westminster colorado
USA
13 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  5:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jo and Kris,

Gloat away! Aren't we lucky to be able to experience nature at its finest? I have baby great horned owlets in my barn. It's difficult to get anything done. I just want to sit and watch them because I know they won't stay in the nest long.

"The year's at the spring
And the day's at the morn;
Mornings at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on his thorn;
God's in his heaven --
All's right with the world." Robert Browning "Pippa Passes"

Hugs,

Ilene Farmgirl 1547
Go to Top of Page

Addybelle
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Adrienne
Louisville KY
USA
34 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  05:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Addybelle a Yahoo! Message
You can gloat all you want! Every morning I walk out to my very modest kitchen garden and it fills me with energy and love. My heart almost vibrates with excitment. The beauty of your potential harvest and the meals you will feed your family...healthy and full of care...its almost overwhelming. I never would have thought that dirt would bring me so much joy. I hope everyone has a moment or ten thousand of those everyday.

~Adrienne
http://addybellesgarden.blogspot.com
Suffering from Barnheart...thanks Jenna W. :-)
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  12:44:47 PM  Show Profile
It just finished raining here, and I just love that after the rain smell. I love to walk outside with my fur baby and watch her walk in the thick clover that covers the ground, and then roll around in it. I could never imagine living in the city and leaving this.
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  08:19:02 AM  Show Profile
Sounds wonderful!
I would gladly take some rain. While it is nice and green now, some more rain would be nice, to keep it that way for a wee bit longer. No snow, though, please just a bit of rain.

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  09:36:16 AM  Show Profile
Good rain smell here today as well, and not so cold that I can't enjoy it! Good start to the day, got to get in a quick run and it isn't freezing.
Dana

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic how beautiful-gloat with me Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page