walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  11:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Just checking in with my KY Farmgirls-everyone okay? We're flooded in here. The road is completely flooded-probably by 2 feet or so. Hope everyone is doing okay!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  4:28:28 PM  Show Profile
Megan, sounds like you got the storm that hit Nashville. That was awful. 8 people killed from flooding there. And Memphis got it too. I hope yours goes down soon and evertything is ok there. That is so scary.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  8:49:39 PM  Show Profile
Megan, I'm praying for all of you in Kentucky. Keep us posted. Hope you and yours are fine.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  04:57:45 AM  Show Profile
We're alright-we have no way to get to the "outside world" though. Our driveway goes down to a road that follows Paint Lick Creek. Well, Paint Lick Creek became Paint Lick OCEAN, and everything (Including our mailbox) was COVERED in water. Our mailbox ended up being about 2 feet under the top of the surface. I've never seen anything like it. Anyway, the bridge we use to get off the farm and onto an actual road was completely washed out. We've found it, but, we've got to fix our washed out driveway first.

I've never seen anything like this. Luckily we live so far up a hill that the water didn't even come close, but, others aren't so lucky. My step-sister-in-law (lol) is going to survey the damage to her house right now. She's trying to find a way to cross over the creek. She lives way down in a bottom, so she's sure the house has some water damage.

I just hate that I have to take these days off as vacation days! There's nothing VACATION about it! I CAN'T LEAVE! I wonder if I can use a sick day...

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  05:47:14 AM  Show Profile
Megan, I am so glad you and yours are safe and no damage to your home. Hopefully you can use a sick day. My sil lives in Savannah Tenn and they are the same way no way out they had 20in of rain and their creek looks like a river. They have no power or landline, she said the water had washed the poles down and the concrete off the roads. Hopefully things will return to normal water level soon. Big hugs! Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  06:00:10 AM  Show Profile
Megan, surely your boss will understand you can't get to work right now. I sure hope it all gets back to normal soon. That's amazing that whole roads were washed away. I had no idea it was so bad out there. We had rain and storms all night here. Half my garden's under water.

Be careful, Megan. I hope your step-SIL's house isn't hurt too bad and can be repaired.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  06:09:11 AM  Show Profile
Glad to know you're alright, though, Megan. We got a lot of rain, but the flooding is limited to the lower lying regions, in the Ohio and Licking River valleys in our area. Miss Wilma lives in the path of the major flooding, though she is pretty far from the river. Worried about Miss Bee Haven, who got hammered last Spring with that freak flood in Louisville...

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  6:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
We're ok here...we live up on a hill, so we weren't in danger of our house being flooded. Our fields did turn into lakes, but it could've been worse. I looked up more pictures from our town online today, and we were lucky. A lot of folks had it a lot worse than we did. Here are some pictures from around here... http://custerfamilyfarm.com/blog1/index.php?blog=3

ETA: Now it's the 2nd post down...

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com

Direct link to my blog: http://custerfamilyfarm.com/blog1/index.php?blog=3

Edited by - fiddlegirl89 on May 04 2010 8:19:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  8:46:38 PM  Show Profile
My goodness ladies---seeing the news and the footage of all the flooding it is mind boggling. Our prayers are with you! Take care.

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Heather Nicole
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Heather Nicole
Bolivar Missouri
USA
127 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  6:09:23 PM  Show Profile
Prayers to all of you in flooded areas! Our thoughts are with you, the images from CNN are very reminiscent of Katrina. Stay safe my sisters!

I know full well that joy is in the small things....
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Flooding in KY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page